Review Detail

Young Adult Fiction 2420
Extras! Why, Scott, Why?!
Overall rating 

Plot 

Characters 

Writing Style 

Reader reviewed by Kyla

I finished reading the first three books in the series (Uglies, Pretties, and Specials) and loved them (Especially Pretties, read my review of Pretties) and wanted to read Extras SOOOOOOOOO bad! I got it from the library and started reading it. It was SOOOOOOO boring! I perservered and kept reading because I loved Scott's other books in the series. It took me FOREVER to get through the first, like, five chapters because it just didn't hold my attention and I had to renew the book. I read a little more, again, not holding my attention I loved the whole IDEA but the way it was written was pretty boring! I stopped reading it eventually, not even getting to the part where there's, I guess, ALIENS and Tally and her friends come in. I only know about those because of the reviews on here. I sorta wish I had finished reading just to know how it ends but I am also glad I stopped. I didn't like how it was about this chick named Aya Fuse, I really liked Tally and her story (Even though Tally's story was kinda predictable) I wish, if Scott HAD to write another book in this series, that it would be about Tally. I just don't like Aya she annoys me! Bottom line: I like the rest of the series and the CONCEPT of this book, but Extras was just boring and unable to hold my attention. I mean, COME ON, SCOTT! REALLY?! YOU COULDN'T HAVE WRITTEN IT BETTER?! I don't understand what the people that liked it are thinking. Then again, they actually read the whole book. This book REALLY disappointed me.
~Kyla : )
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 1

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

0.0 (0)
Sixteen-year-old Faith has always known she was different and her...
The Mall

0.0 (0)
The year is 1991. Scrunchies, mixtapes and 90210 are, like,...

0.0 (0)
In Poems to Live Your Life By, Chris Riddell, political...
The Claires

0.0 (0)
Four beautiful girls. Quadruplets. They are not identical.But each is...
The Life Below

4.0 (1)
It was hard enough for Naomi to leave Leo,...
What He Hides

0.0 (0)
She wants the truth... or does she? They say...
The Shadows Between Us

0.0 (0)
Tricia Levenseller, author of Daughter of the Pirate King,...
Devil Darling Spy

0.0 (0)
It's 1940, and Sarah Goldstein is hiding in plain...

0.0 (0)
"more forgetting time. more midnight dances with yourself."...
The Upside of Falling

0.0 (0)
It’s been years since eighteen-year-old Becca Hart believed in...
More Than His Best Friend

0.0 (0)
She’s got a strict rule against dating. Could her...
Salty, Bitter, Sweet

0.0 (0)
A slow-burn romance in a cutthroat kitchen! There’s more to...
The Midnight Lie (The Midnight Lie, #1)

0.0 (0)
Set in the world of the New York Times–bestselling Winner’s...
The Winter Duke

0.0 (0)
She survived the curse. Now she must survive the throne....
Most Likely (Most Likely, #1)

0.0 (0)
From the creator of the hit TV series The Bold...
Look Both Ways

0.0 (0)
This story was going to begin like all the best...

Latest Member Reviews

On A LARP

"In ON A LARP, Sid is known to be a hacker after a past school prank, and she's a good..."
Echo After Echo

"WHAT I LOVED: Something tells me more than a few actresses could read this book and say afterwards "yep, some..."
On A LARP

"“And you want to know something else, something truly freaky? It is absolutely amazing how much stuff can flit through..."
Without Annette

"WHAT I LOVED: It’s honestly easier to begin with what readers won’t get from Without Annette so they can adjust..."
Unbecoming

"What I Loved: Though the story is about three women–Mary the grandmother, Caroline the mother, and Katie the daughter–we get..."