Review Detail

Young Adult Fiction 3493
2 Chicks Chat ... LINGER
Overall rating 

Plot 

Characters 

Writing Style 

Myra McEntire and I (MG Buehrlen) are starting a new feature at YABC called 2 Chicks Chat, where we let you in on our (embarrassingly candid) discussions regarding the latest in YA lit.

Our first installment? A she said/she said review of Maggie Stiefvater's LINGER.

*Warning* This review contains mild spoilers and a blatant disregard for punctuation.

Here's a snippet to get you started, then click on the "read more" link below to continue to the full chat transcript.

~Lets start with Sam and Grace~

Myra: I think it was nice to see an established, obviously committed-for-the-long-haul couple in YA

In juxtaposition to a HOT NEW whatever it was with Isabel and Cole

MG: Yes, I really enjoyed seeing Sam and Grace in an established place and seeing the trials teens in their situation would have to go through, in terms of being too young to be truly in love.

Myra: Holla to Maggie for bringing her A-game on the relationships.
I read for the relationships - to see how they develop. More so than for plot I think.

The relationships all felt real. Even Grace's journey with her parents.

I hope FOREVER explores Sam and Cole's relationship.

Click here to read more!

Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

City of Spells (Into the Crooked Place, #2)

0.0 (0)
City of Spells, the follow-up to Alexandra Christo's gritty...
Ravage the Dark (Scavenge the Stars, #2)

0.0 (0)
Step into an opulent world filled with risk, romance,...
Sing Me Forgotten

0.0 (0)
Isda does not exist. At least not beyond the...
Sweet & Bitter Magic

0.0 (0)
In this charming debut fantasy perfect for fans of...
American Betiya

0.0 (0)
A luminous story of a young artist grappling with...
The Fire in the Glass

0.0 (0)
To save someone she loves from brutal murder, a...
A Red Sun Rises

0.0 (0)
Nine years ago, an unknown poison called the “Red” saturated...
The Story Blanket

0.0 (0)
Babba Zarrah lives in a tiny village in the snow-covered...

0.0 (0)
Which side do you choose when your family is both...
Now That Night is Near

0.0 (0)
It's bedtime, and across the land everyone is settling down...
Mommy Loves You

0.0 (0)
With heart-shaped lift-the-flaps and a surprise mirror at the end,...
Calm Bunny (Yoga Tots)

0.0 (0)
Charming illustrations and step-by-step instructions take little ones through a...
The Problem with Pierre

0.0 (0)
The differences between Bertram and his neighbor Alan were never...
Noisy Tractor (I Can Learn)

0.0 (0)
Children will love to press the soft, silicone buttons on...
Broken Hearts of Queens (Book 1 from The Lost in Love Series)

0.0 (0)
Joy Luminieé, a scrappy teen from Queens, NY, can barely...
Phoebe Unfired

0.0 (0)
CONNECTING IS TOUGH WHEN YOU CAN'T EVEN TOUCH ...

Latest Member Reviews

Black Canary: Breaking Silence

"Years ago, the Court of Owls overtook Gotham City, ending the reign of superheroes and creating a new Gotham built..."
American Betiya

"AMERICAN BETIYA is a breathtaking contemporary read about identity, family, and racism. Rani is an Indian American with dreams of..."
In the Penalty Box

" The Story: Willow is a figure skater who has been sidelined from her team by an injury...."
Ravage the Dark (Scavenge the Stars, #2)

"RAVAGE THE DARK is a satisfying conclusion to a YA fantasy duology. In this sequel, we begin with Cayo, Amaya,..."
Thirty Talks Weird Love

"One day, Thirteen-year-old Anamaria has an encounter from Thirty, a strange woman who insists she's from the future...."
Admission

"‘Admission’ by Julie Buxbaum is a modern and definitely current read on a topic that has been in the news...."
Running

"‘Running’ by Natalia Sylvester is a trend-setting anthem for anyone who has ever wanted to be the change they wish..."
City of Spells (Into the Crooked Place, #2)

"CITY OF SPELLS is a stunning conclusion to an enthralling YA fantasy duology. The book plunges us into the story..."
The Project

"What worked: This is one intense psychological tale of a girl trying to reconnect with her sister after she joins..."
Sweet & Bitter Magic

"SWEET & BITTER MAGIC is a lush and enthralling YA fantasy filled with magic, pain, and love. In this world,..."
Sing Me Forgotten

"SING ME FORGOTTEN is an enchanting, compelling, and unexpected YA fantasy retelling of Phantom of the Opera. In this world,..."
The Valley and the Flood

"Rose Colter is adrift. She can't be where she was staying for the holidays but she can't go home yet..."
Perfect on Paper

"PERFECT ON PAPER is a delightful YA romantic comedy. Darcy has been operating Locker 89 at her school for years...."
11 Paper Hearts

"Reviewed for YA Books Central A super cute and sweet story. The story: A year ago, a..."
shine your icy crown

"shine your icy crown by amanda lovelace is a 129-page collection of contemporary poems. It’s the second book in the..."
The Castle School (for Troubled Girls)

"THE CASTLE SCHOOL (FOR TROUBLED GIRLS) is a story of healing and friendship. Moira has been cast adrift since the..."
Go the Distance

"Hercules proved he was a true hero and became a god like his parents, Zeus and Hera. Meg is thrilled..."
Follow Your Arrow

"FOLLOW YOUR ARROW is a heartfelt read about love, breaking up, and being true to yourself. CeCe has made a..."
Down Comes the Night

"DOWN COMES THE NIGHT is an intriguing, slow-burn YA fantasy. Wren is a healer in the military of her queendom,..."
A Dark and Hollow Star (A Dark and Hollow Star, #1)

"A DARK AND HOLLOW STAR is a slowly building YA fantasy that takes the reader on a wild ride through..."