4.0 1
Young Adult Fiction 1769
Magical New Heroine
Overall rating

Plot

Characters

Writing Style

Be careful what you wish for!

Desi Bascomb has been longing for a bit of glamour in her Idaho life. Then one day a woman walks out of a bubble and asks her if she wants to become a substitute princess.

Meredith, her new agent, tells her that Desi has a rare magical ability--if she applies the anicent Egyptian formula "Royal Rouge" she can transform temporarily into the exact look-alike of any princess who needs her subbing help.

Desi finds out that what at first seems like a glamourous new calling in fact involves a lot more than just looking pretty.

Desi is one hilarious heroine who attics are sure to bring more than a few smiles. She's not only likeable but very down to Earth. Her big heart gets her in more than one sticky situation like having one minor princess stand up to her bully sister and also giving another princess a little push in one direction. I couldn't help but want Desi to succeed!

The pacing and dialogue are great! So are Desi's determination and spunk which equal one great character.

I did want to know a little more about that royal rouge and some more history on the organization. I think these questions will be addressed in the sequel. The chemistry between one of her assignments will have readers wanting to know more! I know I did!

This fast-paced story is a welcome change from some of the darker stories out there. Go Desi! Who knew a royal fiasco could be so much fun!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account