2.9 16
Young Adult Fiction 2205
Fell short of expectations
Overall rating

Plot

Characters

Writing Style

Reader reviewed by Megan Howell

Quincie Morris has never felt more alone. Her hybrid-werewolf first love threatens to embark on a rite of passage that will separate them forever. And just as she and her uncle are about to debut Austins red hot vampire-themed restaurant, a brutal murder leaves them scrambling for a chef.
Can Quincie transform the new hire into a culinary dark lord before opening night? Will Henry Johnson be able to wow the crowd in fake fangs, a cheap cape, and red contact lenses? Or is there more to this earnest fresh face than meets the eye?
As human and preternatural forces clash, a deadly love triangle forms and the line between predator and prey begins to blur. Whos playing whom? And how long can Quincie play along before she loses everything? 

Tantalize was a hit and miss book for me.  It had some high points and some low points.  The writing style is one of the high points.  Smith is a captivating author.  She had the basis for a strong story.  However, she fell a little short.

Most of the characters are extremely under-developed.  I liked Quincie, but she's about the character I halfway cared for.  I didn't even begin to care for any of the people she cares for. The plot is jumpy and not everything is explained well.

Overall I'd pick up another novel by Smith, but this story didn't capture my attention.

Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account