Review Detail

Read it...NOW!
Overall rating 

Plot 

Characters 

Writing Style 

All her worlds a stage.

Beatrice Shakespeare Smith is not an actress, yet she lives in a theater.

Shes not an orphan, but she has no parents.

She knows every part, but she has no lines of her own.

Until now.

Eyes Like Stars by Lisa Mantchev is full to bursting with masterful world building, quirky characters, and tempting hints of mystery. Added bonuses are a handsome pirate who tastes of salt and chocolate and a water spirit with a fair complexion and silver hair who smells of something darkly tempting. Those are just a few of the reasons youll want to read until your eyelids need to be propped open with toothpicks.

For an irresistible mix, throw in four snarky fairies with a penchant for trouble, tasty cupcakes from the Green Room, and the ability to cue a scene change from The Little Mermaid to clean up your bedroom after you dye your hair Cobalt Flame blue.

Oh. And I mustnt forget the jazz hands.

Dont delay. Read it. NOW. Knock people down to get it if you must, and then block out a day or two to sink into the Theatre Illuminata, where all the characters from every play ever written are bound by a magical, ancient book.

You might not want to resurface.

The word on the street (or Twitter at least) is that not since Hogwarts has there been such an enchanting story world as the one built by Lisa Mantchev in Eyes Like Stars. The blue-haired Bertie will capture your heart and tickle your funny bone. You'll laugh. You'll cry. Youll wish for your very own set of fairy enforcers.

And you might even develop a sudden desire to read Shakespeare.

HIGHEST RECOMMENDATION.  

Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

Bernard Makes a Splash

0.0 (0)
A heartwarming story from textile designer and illustrator Lisa Stickley...
Wild Girl: How to Have Incredible Outdoor Adventures

0.0 (0)
Calling wild girls everywhere! Helen Skelton – adventurer, world-record breaker...
Stanley's Paint Box

0.0 (0)
It’s another busy day with Stanley and friends! ...
The Unleashed

0.0 (0)
In the terrifying sequel to The Haunted, Hendricks discovers that...
Paint by Sticker Kids: Dinosaurs: Create 10 Pictures One Sticker at a Time!

0.0 (0)
Create pictures of 10 awesome dinosaurs... with stickers! ...
Tad
Tad

0.0 (0)
From Benji Davies, the award-winning creator of The Storm Whale...
Go Get 'Em, Tiger! (A Hello!Lucky Book)

0.0 (0)
The perfect picture book to celebrate every milestone from the...
A World of Opposites

0.0 (0)
From ALONE and TOGETHER to ABOVE and BELOW, Gray Malin’s...
The Voting Booth

0.0 (0)
From Stonewall Award-winning author Brandy Colbert comes an all-in-one-day love...
Now & When

0.0 (0)
For fans of Jenny Han and Christine Riccio comes a...
Dating Makes Perfect

0.0 (0)
The Tech sisters don’t date in high school. Not because...
Now That I've Found You

0.0 (0)
Now That I've Found You is a YA novel about...

Latest Member Reviews

Daphne and Velma: The Vanishing Girl

"Daphne Blake and Velma Dinkley are opposites. Daphne is popular, traditionally pretty, and sociable. Velma prefers books and information to..."
The Bad Guys in the Baddest Day Ever (The Bad Guys #10)

"Snake is dead, and the Bad Guys, as well as the League of Heroes, are gathered for the funeral. Faced..."
Bury Me

"In horror books and movies, we often see dolls as the main source of scares( such as Annabelle or Child's..."
Nikki Tesla and the Ferret-Proof Death Ray

"Nikki Tesla is an espionage novel for pre-teens. It’s exciting, engaging, and utterly unique. Nikki Tesla is a..."
Shake It Off! (Wish #8)

"Bria has made some poor choices concerning friends and social media back home in Chicago, so her parents have decided..."
Not if I Can Help It

"Willa has struggled with a sensory processing disorder her whole life, but with supportive parents and some occupational therapy, she..."
My Fate According To The Butterfly

"My Fate According to the Butterfly is probably the first Middle Grade novel I’ve read in a very long time...."

"The Book case is a perfectly suitable mystery, with a cast of characters that will amuse readers both young and..."
Sarai and The Around The World Fair

"Though rich and vibrant in illustrations and culture, Sarai and the Around the World Fair is a slow-mover. ..."
The Pepper Party Picks The Perfect Pet (The Pepper Party, #1)

"Absolute fun is one way to summarize The Pepper Party Picks the Perfect Pet. Perfectly placed and brilliant illustrations helped..."
The Season

"THE SEASON by Sarah MacLean is a YA historical fiction novel that centers around seventeen-year-old Alex, who is coming of..."
Lost in Outer Space: The Incredible Journey of Apollo 13 (Lost #2)

"Thrilling and epic, LOST IN OUTER SPACE tells the harrowing story of the Apollo 13 mission as they learn that..."