Young Adult Fiction 2887
One of the best books I've ever read!
Overall rating 

Plot 

Characters 

Writing Style 

Reader reviewed by Sara

From back cover:
"All Meg has ever wanted is to get away. Away from high school. Away from her backwater town. Away from her parents who seem determined to keep her imprisoned in their dead-end lives. But one crazy evening involving a dare and forbidden railroad tracks, she goes way too far... and almost doesn't make it back.
John made a choice to stay. To enforce rules. To serve and protect. He has nothing but contempt for what he sees as childish rebellion, and he wants to teach Meg a lesson she won't soon forget. But Meg pushes him to the limit by questioning everything he learned at the police academy. And when he pushes back, demanding to know why she won't be tied down, they will drive each other to the edge - and over..."

READ THIS BOOK! Okay, having said that, I'll tell you why. This book is absolutely addicting! I could not put it down for anything, it was that good. Meg is an interesting character who has had a traumatic past that has caused her to push the limits. John, now one of my favorite love interests of all time, causes her to evolve and look at life from another perspective. This is one of those books that I won't forget about and am going to press onto every reader I know. I was disappointed to learn however, that this is Echols first book that isn't a Simon Pulse romantic comedy! I'll be anxiously awaiting her next book...!! 20 out of 10 stars. Going Too Far is not to be missed!!
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

Take Me Home: Forests of the World

0.0 (0)
Bite-sized facts about forests from around the globe, pointing out...
Hurricane Summer

0.0 (0)
In this sweeping debut, Asha Bromfield takes readers to the...
All Kinds of Other

0.0 (0)
In this tender, nuanced coming-of-age love story, two boys—one who...
Reign of Secrets

0.0 (0)
At the Midnight Ball, leave your inhibitions at the...
The Forest of Stolen Girls

0.0 (0)
1426, Joseon (Korea). Hwani's family has never been the...
Go the Distance

0.0 (0)
What if Meg had to become a god? After...
In Deeper Waters

0.0 (0)
A young prince must rely on a mysterious stranger...
These Feathered Flames (These Feathered Flames, #1)

0.0 (0)
When twin heirs are born in Tourin, their fates...
Take Me Home: Waters of the World

0.0 (0)
Bite-sized facts about bodies of water from around the globe,...
This Is My America

0.0 (0)
The Hate U Give meets Just Mercy in this unflinching...
Colors in Nature

0.0 (0)
Magnificent, hand-painted illustrations by a rising star of Czech watercolor...
Welcome to Arizona

0.0 (0)
Welcome to Arizona! We're glad you're here! Introducing a new...
I Don't Want to Go to School

0.0 (0)
It's Mouse's first day of school. It's Dinosaur's first day...
Somewhere Between Bitter and Sweet

0.0 (0)
I'm Not Your Perfect Mexican Daughter meets Emergency Contact...
Counting Down with You

0.0 (0)
In this sparkling and romantic YA debut, a reserved Bangladeshi...
There's No Ham in Hamburgers: Facts and Folklore About Our Favorite Foods

0.0 (0)
From hot dogs and hamburgers to ice cream and pizza,...

Latest Member Reviews

All Kinds of Other

"ALL KINDS OF OTHER is an intriguing YA contemporary that follows two boys as they start at a new school...."
In Deeper Waters

"IN DEEPER WATERS is an intriguing and fast-paced YA fantasy. Tal is the fourth of five royal children in a..."
Indivisible

"INDIVISIBLE is a heartfelt and riveting YA contemporary about family, feeling different, and immigration in the US. Mateo is a..."
Sweet & Bitter Magic

"SWEET & BITTER MAGIC is a lush and enthralling YA fantasy filled with magic, pain, and love. In this world,..."
Follow Your Arrow

"FOLLOW YOUR ARROW is a heartfelt read about love, breaking up, and being true to yourself. CeCe has made a..."
A Dark and Hollow Star (A Dark and Hollow Star, #1)

"A DARK AND HOLLOW STAR is a slowly building YA fantasy that takes the reader on a wild ride through..."
Sia Martinez and the Moonlit Beginning of Everything

"SIA MARTINEZ AND THE MOONLIT BEGINNING OF EVERYTHING is a fascinating YA contemporary/sci-fi/magical realism that follows Sia, a teenaged girl..."
Heiress Apparently (Daughters of the Dynasty, #1)

"HEIRESS APPARENTLY is a YA rom-com with deep themes that make it such an engaging and captivating read. Gemma is..."
The Good Girls

"THE GOOD GIRLS is an enthralling read. The book begins after the disappearance and seeming murder of the police chief's..."
How It All Blew Up

"Amir is an Iranian American teenager who is gay and in the closet. When another student blackmails him about his..."
We Are Lost and Found

"WE ARE LOST AND FOUND is a profound historical fiction read that takes place in the early 1980s NYC. Michael..."
Fence: Striking Distance

"FENCE: STRIKING DISTANCE is a charming YA contemporary fiction that takes place at a boys' boarding school. We follow different..."
How It All Blew Up

"HOW IT ALL BLEW UP is an absolutely riveting coming-out story. Amir Azadi is an Iranian American who has always..."
Sia Martinez and the Moonlit Beginning of Everything

"What worked: There's so much to love about this contemporary diverse thriller that is bits Laurie Halse Anderson meets Sci-Fi/X-Files..."
The Dark Tide

"THE DARK TIDE is an enthralling and atmospheric YA fantasy read. We follow Lina, a townsperson, and Eva, the witch..."
The Black Flamingo

"THE BLACK FLAMINGO is a beautifully composed and poignant book of poetry. The poetry chronicles the life of Michael, who..."
None of the Above

"This is one of those books that a reader can learn from. This is the first YA book that I..."
Diamond City (City of Steel and Diamond, #1)

"DIAMOND CITY follows Aina, an assassin. Aina was out on the streets as a young child, when her parents were..."
The Falling in Love Montage

"THE FALLING IN LOVE MONTAGE is a beautiful YA contemporary romance that follows Saoirse (Seer-sha). Saoirse speaks to the reader..."
You Brought Me the Ocean

"YOU BROUGHT ME THE OCEAN is a graphic novel of the origin story for Aqualad. Jake is 17 and living..."