Review Detail

Young Adult Fiction 1140
debutantes
Overall rating 

Plot 

Characters 

Writing Style 

Reader reviewed by stephanie

I have to admit, I honestly think I overestimated The Season. Though the book itself was pretty interesting, I had expected more.

The plot started out really slow. I felt as if it wasnt going anywhere until half the book was already over thats when the plot actually started to be interesting and more intense. Alex doesnt actually decide to help Gavin until halfway through the book when she finds out about his suspicions and thats where I felt the book actually starts. Though the plot itself was very appealing especially with the murder and stuff, I just wished it started faster and the book easily could have been about a hundred pages less.

What I did like about the book was the characters especially Alex. Alexs personality is something I adore. Unlike the other ladies in her time period, she has the smarts and the wits that allowed her to confident in what she does and that is to not get married! Shes not afraid to do what she likes and thats what made me enjoy reading about her. Having a confident, smart and, not to mention, beautiful heroine is definitely something that refreshes me. Most of the other books dont usually have heroines that are confident and smart at the same time.

Alexs friends, Vivi and Ella, are the typical sidekicks that everybody needs. They are extremely entertaining and, just like Alex, are both smart and confident and they all love to read! How amazing is that?!

Ive always enjoyed reading historic romance novels so the relationship between Gavin and Alex was what made me decide to pick The Season up. The idea of having a childhood friendship bloom into something more always makes me smile and so with Gavin and Alex it was definitely enough to make me smile! :)

Overall, The Season is one of those books that has a long exposition but after that, its definitely worth reading.
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account