4.0 4
Young Adult Fiction 1509
just as good as the first
Overall rating

Plot

Characters

Writing Style

Reader reviewed by the book muncher

Welcome back to the ultra-exclusive world of The Elite. The lives of the inhabitants of New Yorks Upper East Side are purposely polished to have an impeccably shiny veneer, but behind the stylish clothes and designed appearances is a different story. Casey McCloy is finally getting her act together with a new and improved New York look and attitude, and the arm candy to go with it. But looking good doesnt necessarily mean feeling good, and Casey is feeling insecure about her reluctant acceptance into the Bram Clanand not without good reason. Madison Macallister is by no means a charitable girl, especially because she believes Casey stole Drew from her. Not the only way shes tolerate Caseys presence is to exact her revenge. Its bound to be a devilish showdown between the outsider and the queen of the Upper East Sides teen scene; who will be victorious?

I think I must emphasize how great it is that The Elite series is the Gossip Girl series once its grown a conscience. Readers will be drawn into the extravagant and high-end lifestyles of New Yorks upper class as well as sympathize with these spoiled teens issues. The characters are well-developed, and Im sure most readers will be able to see a little bit of themselves in each character. In some ways, the teens may seem a little stereotypical and clichéd, but it actually works in this story; its part of what makes it so easy to understand the characters. My only issues with In Too Deep were that it was a bit all over the place with all the subplots and alternating points-of-view and the minor characters werent developed. In Too Deep was just a tad less organized than its prequel, and there were times when I was slightly confused (though in the edited version, I'm sure all will be cleared up). However, overall, I immensely enjoyed the new developments in this intriguing series.

Readers who enjoyed The Elite will definitely want to check out its sequel, and I know I cant wait for the third book, Simply Irresistible. Fans of the Gossip Girl, A-List, and Upper Class series will also want to read The Elite series. Even if youre not interested in those series but love high fashion, scandal, and realistic characters, youll love this fantastic series.

reposted from http://thebookmuncher.blogspot.com
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account