Review Detail

Young Adult Fiction 1920
A ring..... perhaps the ring of death
Overall rating 

Plot 

Characters 

Writing Style 

Reader reviewed by Laura

The hook may be the best I've seen for a horror story in a while: A cell phone "virus" turns its victims first into raving maniacs and then into hive-mind zombies. The idea isn't implausible: We live in an age when record companies are sued because "backmasking" and "subliminal messages" allegedly provided the starting gun for Little Johnny's murder spree. This book is at the same time riveting and plausible, I love it and would recommend this book to about anyone.
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

Fancy Nancy: Camp Fancy

0.0 (0)
Based on the Disney Junior TV show and inspired by...
Rules for Vanishing

0.0 (0)
In the faux-documentary style of The Blair Witch Project comes...
What Makes Us

0.0 (0)
A viral video reveals a teen’s dark family history, leaving...
Harry Potter Origami

0.0 (0)
Ever wanted to fold your own Chocolate Frogs? Or play...
By Any Means Necessary

0.0 (0)
Heart-wrenchingly honest, fans of Brandy Colbert and Nicola Yoon will...
Fireborne (The Aurelian Cycle, #1)

0.0 (0)
Annie and Lee were just children when a brutal revolution...
Artemis Fowl: The Graphic Novel

0.0 (0)
In 2001, audiences first met and fell in love with...
On the Come Up

0.0 (0)
Sixteen-year-old Bri wants to be one of the greatest rappers...
Spin

0.0 (0)
Sixteen-year-old Paris Secord's (aka DJ ParSec) career--and life--has come to...
Leah on the Offbeat

0.0 (0)
Leah Burke—girl-band drummer, master of deadpan, and Simon Spier’s best...
The Brightsiders

0.0 (0)
A teen rockstar has to navigate family, love, coming out,...

0.0 (0)
Could you fall in love with a robot? ...
IMG_4918.jpg

0.0 (0)
The black X of the Aramach Rebels marks the...
City of Beasts

0.0 (0)
"If you see a beast, and you have the...
The Grace Year

5.0 (2)

0.0 (0)
No one speaks of the grace year. It’s forbidden....
The Fractured Empire

0.0 (0)
The Ceithren Empire is finally at peace, but for...

Latest Member Reviews

Into the Crooked Place (Into the Crooked Place, #1)

"INTO THE CROOKED PLACE is an engaging YA fantasy that follows five characters on a quest of aligned goals- even..."
To Kill a Kingdom

"TO KILL A KINGDOM is a wonderful YA fantasy about a siren and a pirate. Told in alternating points of..."
Tell Me How You Really Feel

"3 Reasons TELL ME HOW YOU REALLY FEEL needs to be on your shelf immediately: 1.) The spot-on comparison:..."
Remember Me

"REMEMBER ME is an engaging mystery/thriller that goes back and forth through time. We follow Lea in the past when..."
The Chosen (Contender, #1)

"MAZE RUNNER meets LAND OF THE LOST in this engaging page-turner full of twists and turns in an epic tale..."
The Wood

"I bought this by impulse. Seeing as this book was primarily a cover-buy, I did not have many expectations..."
Heartless

""Heartless" is the origin story for the Queen of Hearts (of Alice in Wonderland fame). Catherine, destined to be the..."
Nemesis

""Nemesis" is a really enthralling YA fantasy. We begin with Sepora who is fleeing her kingdom to prevent the war..."
White Rabbit

"TW: sexual assault, rape, homophobia, descriptions of violence, murder, drug use. White Rabbit is going to be the..."

"This sequel to Way of the Warrior Kid finds Marc having a very bad day on the last day of..."
White Rabbit

"Rufus just wants one day of semi-fun, something he hasn’t had since his ex-boyfriend, Sebastian, wrecked his heart. But then,..."
The Wood

"THE WOOD by Chelsea Bobulski is bound to be the next guiltiest pleasure on the market. Complete with time travel,..."
Wild Beauty

"Readers of Magical Realism will love this book!"
Wild Beauty

"A must read for those who love magical realism!"
Daughter of the Pirate King (Daughter of the Pirate King #1)

"YA Fantasy, DAUGHTER OF THE PIRATE KING mixes the supernatural with good ol' piracy. Fans of PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN..."
Heartless

""One to be a murderer. One to be a Martyr. One to be a Monarch. One to go Mad." *and..."
Jonah (The Styclar Saga #3)

"4.5 Stars! The conclusion to The Styclar Saga is finally here! This was an amazing, intense and emotional read...."
Gabriel (The Styclar Saga #2)

"Gabriel was an interesting follow up to The Styclar Saga. It started where book 1 ended with Lailah accepting her..."
Lailah (The Styclar Saga #1)

"4.5 Stars! I really enjoyed Lailah. It was interesting, mysterious and unpredictable! I loved how the author, Nikki..."
Daughter of the Pirate King (Daughter of the Pirate King #1)

"Lift up your anchors and get ready to sail into a swashbuckling tale of pirates, swoons, magic, and the quest..."