Review Detail

Fun and Adventurous
Overall rating 

Plot 

Characters 

Writing Style 

Reader reviewed by ambeen

I love love love Maureen Johnson. I have only read The Bermudez Triangle before (also reviewed here on this blog) but her blog (link to the right) is hilarious and I'm slowly reading her novels. Slowly because I have so much other crap to read for school and then the ARCs I happen to snag. Anyway, 13 Little Blue Envelopes was a really great novel from Maureen.

The idea of traveling throughout Europe on your own is something everyone wishes they were brave enough to do. And we all envy the ones who are brave enough. The novel shows that it is possible for anyone to do things that scare them or things they don't believe they could do. We can be brave while still being ourselves. It is a great message and a great book.

I highly recommend it and Maureen's other novels.
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

Breathless

0.0 (0)
From Jennifer Niven, the #1 New York Times bestselling author...
Music for Tigers

0.0 (0)
Shipped halfway around the world to spend the summer...
Skyhunter (Skyhunter, #1)

0.0 (0)
A broken world. An overwhelming evil. ...
Kingdom of Ice and Bone (The Frozen Sun Saga, #2)

0.0 (0)
Lira and Reyker have lost everything. Including each other....
Sword of the Seven Sins

0.0 (0)
Eva Marteinn never wanted to be a killer. Raised...
Things That Should Stay Buried

0.0 (0)
Some destinies are written in the stars. Others must...
How It All Blew Up

0.0 (0)
Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda goes to Italy...
Horrid

0.0 (0)
From the author of You Must Not Miss comes...
Tsalix Silverthorn and the Scepter of Destiny

0.0 (0)
The latest phenomenal work from New York Times Bestselling author...
The Adventures of Bubba Jones (#4): Time Traveling Through Grand Canyon National Park

0.0 (0)
In the fourth book of this award-winning national park series,...
The Companion

0.0 (0)
The other orphans say Margot is lucky. Lucky to...
Sanctuary

0.0 (0)
It's 2032, and in this near-future America, all citizens...

Latest Member Reviews

Daphne and Velma: The Vanishing Girl

"Daphne Blake and Velma Dinkley are opposites. Daphne is popular, traditionally pretty, and sociable. Velma prefers books and information to..."
The Bad Guys in the Baddest Day Ever (The Bad Guys #10)

"Snake is dead, and the Bad Guys, as well as the League of Heroes, are gathered for the funeral. Faced..."
Bury Me

"In horror books and movies, we often see dolls as the main source of scares( such as Annabelle or Child's..."
Nikki Tesla and the Ferret-Proof Death Ray

"Nikki Tesla is an espionage novel for pre-teens. It’s exciting, engaging, and utterly unique. Nikki Tesla is a..."
Shake It Off! (Wish #8)

"Bria has made some poor choices concerning friends and social media back home in Chicago, so her parents have decided..."
Not if I Can Help It

"Willa has struggled with a sensory processing disorder her whole life, but with supportive parents and some occupational therapy, she..."
My Fate According To The Butterfly

"My Fate According to the Butterfly is probably the first Middle Grade novel I’ve read in a very long time...."

"The Book case is a perfectly suitable mystery, with a cast of characters that will amuse readers both young and..."
Sarai and The Around The World Fair

"Though rich and vibrant in illustrations and culture, Sarai and the Around the World Fair is a slow-mover. ..."
The Pepper Party Picks The Perfect Pet (The Pepper Party, #1)

"Absolute fun is one way to summarize The Pepper Party Picks the Perfect Pet. Perfectly placed and brilliant illustrations helped..."
The Season

"THE SEASON by Sarah MacLean is a YA historical fiction novel that centers around seventeen-year-old Alex, who is coming of..."
Lost in Outer Space: The Incredible Journey of Apollo 13 (Lost #2)

"Thrilling and epic, LOST IN OUTER SPACE tells the harrowing story of the Apollo 13 mission as they learn that..."
Ready, Set, Drive!

"READY, SET, DRIVE will take your child's imagination for a ride. Each page has a different scenario for the reader..."
A Friend For Dragon

"All Dragon wants is a friend, but doesn't have any luck. The squirrel is too busy, the hippo is too..."
Two Dogs in a Trench Coat Go on a Class Trip (Two Dogs in a Trench Coat #3)

"Library copy Sassy and Waldo are super excited to go to the city museum (even though their..."
Bentley (The Puppy Place #53)

"Bentley is a story for children who love dogs, and for children who can read on their own ages 7-12,..."
The Light Jar

"Nate and his mother leave their home in the middle of the night to get away from Gary, an emotionally..."
Because of the Rabbit

"Emma's father is a game warden, and when she accompanies him on a rabbit rescue, she falls in love with..."
Overturned

"Top 3 reasons you need to read Overturned by Lamar Giles (and read the rest of his books while you're..."
Animal Stories (BOB Books)

"The pacing and simplistic words in the set ANIMAL STORIES (BOB BOOKS) is just what the emerging reader needs. The..."