Review Detail

Young Adult Fiction 1782
Waves
Overall rating 

Plot 

Characters 

Writing Style 

Reader reviewed by Lauren

This book was extremely good. A family returns to their summer house in Cornwall a year after the accident with Charley. Charley is Hal, the main characters, sister. Charley is in a coma back home in the hospital. Hal struggles with Charleys voice in his head; he wants to find out what happened to her. He was the one who found her last summer in the waves, after she hit her head and neck and was unable to move. Charley constantly enters Hals mind, eerily whispering to him to remember. Hal falls in love with the sister of Charleys summer boyfriend. Hal and Jack constantly argue over weather it was Petes, Charleys summer romance, fault for the condition that Charley was in now. It a great book mixed with mystery and romance. You should definitely read it and find out the end!
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

0.0 (0)
It is twenty years since the events of La Belle...
Heiress Apparently (Daughters of the Dynasty, #1)

0.0 (0)
The first book in an epic and romantic YA series...
Winter Light

0.0 (0)
WINTER LIGHT is the story of 15-year-old Mary Donahue...
Talent

0.0 (0)
Sandee Mason is convinced her life will change if she...
WITHIN THE FOLDS OF A SWAN'S WINGS

0.0 (0)
What if the one element that has always defined you...
The Good Girls

0.0 (0)
One of Us Is Lying meets Sadie in this twisty,...
Frozen 2: Dangerous Secrets: The Story of Iduna and Agnarr

0.0 (0)
Sixteen-year-old Iduna harbors a dark secret. On the surface, she...
All our Hidden Gifts

0.0 (0)
Maeve’s strangely astute tarot readings make her the talk of...

0.0 (0)
Twelve-year-old Cassie needs a horse. She’s determined to move up...
A Higher Version of Me (The Destiny Clark Saga Book 9)

0.0 (0)
Just when everything seems to be perfect, it all falls...
A Happier Version of Me (The Destiny Clark Saga Book 8)

0.0 (0)
Two guys. One girl. A big confusing mess. ...
A Healthier Version of Me (The Destiny Clark Saga Book 7)

0.0 (0)
She broke his heart. Will he ever forgive her? ...
A Steadier Version of Me (The Destiny Clark Saga Book 6)

0.0 (0)
He wants her back, but she’s already taken. ...
A Stronger Version of Me (The Destiny Clark Saga Book 5)

0.0 (0)
Can new love heal old wounds? I want...
A Smarter Version of Me (The Destiny Clark Saga Book 4)

0.0 (0)
Can she keep him, or will his ex steal him...
A Bolder Version of Me (The Destiny Clark Saga Book 3)

0.0 (0)
When the truth is uncovered, the bullies come out to...

Latest Member Reviews

"If your expecting the same type of books that you’ve been reading in this series, you’d be wrong. This whole..."
The Book Thief

"This book was so good that I cried in the end. Yes, literally. Markus Zusak's writing is clear, bold, and..."
A Cloud of Outrageous Blue

"A CLOUD OF OUTRAGEOUS BLUE is a historical fiction read that takes the reader to 1348-1349. Edyth grew up with..."
Breathless

"BREATHLESS is a book about change, secrets, and the aftermath. Claudine (Claude) is about to graduate high school, and she..."
Unravel the Dusk (The Blood of Stars, #2)

"UNRAVEL THE DUSK is an enchanting sequel and finale to a unique YA fantasy. Maia is a tailor who dreamed..."
Aurora Rising

"I could not sit Aurora Rising down! This is the first book by the writing duo Amie Kaufman & Jay..."
The Court of Miracles (Court of Miracles, #1)

"THE COURT OF MIRACLES is an enagaging and lush YA historical that imagines an alternate France where the revolution has..."
The 47 People You'll Meet in Middle School

"'The 47 People You'll Meet in Middle School' by Kristin Mahoney is an endearing look at an often hard time..."
We Are the Perfect Girl

"'We Are the Perfect Girl' by Ariel Kaplan is a Cyrano De Bergerac style story. There are a host of..."
Aurora Rising

"Now I am huge huge fan of both Jay and Amie as individuals and as co-authors. Their Illuminae series completely..."
Spin the Dawn (The Blood of Stars, #1)

"SPIN THE DAWN is an unbelievably fantastic read with some elements of a high-stakes PROJECT RUNWAY, some elements of FLAME..."
Nick and June Were Here

"Shalanda Stanley's DROWNING IS INEVITABLE is one of my top underappreciated books, so I was thrilled to receive a copy..."
The Penderwicks at Last

"THE PENDERWICKS AT LAST is the last in the series of Jeanne Birdsall's books about the Penderwick family. In this..."
Someday

"Everyday A jumps into another body. Each day is different. Along the way he encountered Rhiannon and they fall in..."
We Regret To Inform You

"Mischa is the perfect high school student. She has joined all the right clubs, she has the best grades, and..."
We Regret To Inform You

"Mischa Abramavicious is an overachiever. She excelled on her SAT exam and has a stellar GPA filled with extracurricular activities...."
LIFEL1K3

"LifeL1k3 is an engaging novel full of incredible writing, violence, action, romance, and strong world-building. Told in third person, and..."
LIFEL1K3

"With the technologies that we have nowadays, it's not that undeniable that with the scientist and mechanics miraculous hands that..."
LIFEL1K3

"Writing: The dialogues are mostly street slang but the book is also jazzed with something lyrical here and there...."
What the Night Sings

"Gerta Rausch didn’t know she was Jewish until she and her father were taken from their home in the middle..."