Review Detail

Young Adult Fiction 2470
No Hate. No love
Overall rating 

Plot 

Characters 

Writing Style 

Reader reviewed by Rin

16 year old Paski's life turns upside down when her somewhat strange dad gets a film deal for his comics.

She moves from Taos, casual and comfy to money and prestige seeking Orange County. One might think that her mexican roots would cause her to be discriminated against, but instead it's her lack of expensive goods. She's also attracted to one of the most "popular and famous" girls in Orange County, Jessica's boyfriend.

Then, at a party she's invited to (and been warned by a new friend not to go to), she injests a date-rape drug and is pushed into a pool, causing her rival Jessica's boyfriend to save her.

The rest of the book consists of Paski and her main attraction getting together, Paski recieving visions of Jessica's demise (Paski's family has a history of visions an d such) and Paski's getting used to her new environment.

I thought this book was okay. It's nothing special. If you have to read this I'd get it from the library because it's not worth 20 bucks.
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

Fisher- Price Fun in the Jungle: Explore, Touch, and Feel

0.0 (0)
Children will love exploring the different textures in this playful...
Glitter Globes: The Night Before Christmas

0.0 (0)
On the night before Christmas, all over the house, not...
Belinda Fellgate: HellCat

0.0 (0)
A contemporary teen fantasy about an inept 14-year-old girl who...
Breathless

0.0 (0)
From Jennifer Niven, the #1 New York Times bestselling author...
Music for Tigers

0.0 (0)
Shipped halfway around the world to spend the summer...
Skyhunter (Skyhunter, #1)

0.0 (0)
A broken world. An overwhelming evil. ...
Kingdom of Ice and Bone (The Frozen Sun Saga, #2)

0.0 (0)
Lira and Reyker have lost everything. Including each other....
Sword of the Seven Sins

0.0 (0)
Eva Marteinn never wanted to be a killer. Raised...
Things That Should Stay Buried

0.0 (0)
Some destinies are written in the stars. Others must...
How It All Blew Up

0.0 (0)
Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda goes to Italy...
Horrid

0.0 (0)
From the author of You Must Not Miss comes...
Tsalix Silverthorn and the Scepter of Destiny

0.0 (0)
The latest phenomenal work from New York Times Bestselling author...
The Adventures of Bubba Jones (#4): Time Traveling Through Grand Canyon National Park

0.0 (0)
In the fourth book of this award-winning national park series,...
The Companion

0.0 (0)
The other orphans say Margot is lucky. Lucky to...
Sanctuary

0.0 (0)
It's 2032, and in this near-future America, all citizens...
Teen Titans: Beast Boy

0.0 (0)
Author Kami Garcia (Beautiful Creatures) and artist Gabriel Picolo,...

Latest Member Reviews

The Shadow Prince (Into the Dark #1)

"MY THOUGHTS This is a very interesting take on mythology and the Persephone myth! I have never read another..."
Nobody

"Claire is no one. Her parents forget she exists. She has no friends, and can't even talk to people on..."

"The Shadow Prince by Bree Despain is a new take on some Greek myths, mostly dealing with the Underworld. Prince..."
BZRK: Reloaded (BZRK #2)

"The BZRK books are like reading a video game – totally exhilarating and leaves you breatheless with nervous energy. The..."

"I was very delighted to learn of Bree Despain’s next paranormal series, and the fact that it is based on..."
White Space (The Dark Passages #1)

"When I saw The White Space up for review, I hit request as a reflex - I just HAD TO..."
Infinityglass (Hourglass #3)

"PREFACE: After reading and falling in love with the Hourglass world and its characters, I was excited to finish the..."
Timepiece (Hourglass #2)

"PREFACE: I loved Myra McEntire's debut novel, Hourglass, so of course I was going to read the sequel, Timepiece. And..."

"From the first few moments of Infinityglass, it's clear that this is going to be a different sort of story..."
BZRK: Reloaded (BZRK #2)

"The BZRK books are like reading a video game – totally exhilarating and leaves you breatheless with nervous energy. The..."
BZRK (BZRK #1)

"The thing about BZRK I liked the most is the world-building. Yes, it is not exactly a fantasy nor a..."
The Mephisto Kiss (The Mephisto Covenant #2)

"When I had read The Redemption of Ajax, I wasn’t so sure about the series you know. It was a..."
Monsters (The Ashes Trilogy #3)

"Ashes, Shadows and Monsters – this trilogy has been a roller coaster ride of emotions for me. I have never..."
Shadows (Ashes Trilogy #2)

"With the way Ashes was, I knew Shadows was going to be good, or even better. Ilsa Bick sure didn’t..."

"What I loved: Once again, Myra McEntire takes readers on a fast-paced, smart, funny, and romantic ride. I..."
Notes From Ghost Town

"The story starts of with Olivia and Lucas-best friends, being cute and flirty, which escalated into a make-out session. Olivia..."

"Last year I was introduced to the wonderful Hourglass series! I fell in love with Michael and Emerson's story in..."

"This...is a really hard review to write. I utterly adore this series. It's kind of seeped into my life,..."

"What I Loved: McEntire is back with her feisty, witty, and at times wildly inappropriate characters. This time,..."
Contaminated (Contaminated #1)

"When I first picked up Contaminated, it sounded like the average run of the mill zombie book. And don't..."