Review Detail

Young Adult Fiction 1350
You don't have to be magical to find magic
Overall rating 

Plot 

Characters 

Writing Style 

This book is technically not a young adult book, but it certainly has crossover appeal for teen girls. Think of it as chick lit meets Bewitched (or, if Bewitched is too old school for you, think Sabrina the Teenage Witch).

Katie Chandler is a completely non-magical person but shes also immune to it. That makes her perfect for her job at Magic, Spells and Illusions, Inc. She can see right through enchantments that pull the wool over other peoples eyes.

Shes also got a serious crush on Owen, a quiet but hunky wizard. When some kind of intrigue is going on at the office, Merlin (yep, that Merlin) sends Katie to investigate. But when shes all of a sudden finding herself being affected by spells that never touched her before, whats a girl to do? Can she win over Owen and keep herself (and everyone else) safe? Is her immunity permanently gone?

This is a fun series with a plucky heroine. Owen sounds like a perfect guy (a little shy, but hey, we like em that way). Katie is believable and easy to root for. Romance fans and fantasy fans will find lots to like and both teens and adults will enjoy this one.
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

Dugout: The Zombie Steals Home

0.0 (0)
Twins Stacy and Gina Cavallaro are on rival little league...
The Fountains of Silence

0.0 (0)
Madrid, 1957. Under the fascist dictatorship of General Francisco...
Dinosnores (Boynton on Board)

0.0 (0)
“Honk SHOOOOOO! Honk SHOOOOOO! . . .” ...
Good Day, Good Night

0.0 (0)
Now in a sturdy board book format, perfect for little...
TBH, This May Be TMI (TBH, #2)

0.0 (0)
Told entirely in text messages, the second book in this...
Creep

0.0 (0)
The haunting tale of a family that moves into...
Girl at Heart

0.0 (0)
As the daughter of a successful Major League pitcher,...
The Last of the Firedrakes

0.0 (0)
She never felt like she belonged…until magic pulled her...
Crown of Oblivion

0.0 (0)
In this mesmerizing YA fantasy mash-up of The Road...
When the Stars Lead to You

0.0 (0)
Nicola Yoon meets Jenny Han in a heated first-love...

0.0 (0)
Disturbing dreams are nothing new for Kyra. But when her...
I've Loved You Since Forever

0.0 (0)
New York Times #1 Bestseller! ...

Latest Member Reviews

21 Proms

"Reader reviewed by Tiffany I simply adored reading 21 Proms that I reread it again and again and again! It's..."
21 Proms

"Reader reviewed by sara 21 Proms is great. It is one book made up of 15 completely different stories from..."
21 Proms

"Reader reviewed by Alexis I think this book was boring. It had 21 different stories of proms. They..."
21 Proms

"Reader reviewed by Jordan This book is basically good if you enjoy prom season, or at least reading about it...."
21 Proms

"Reader reviewed by linda These stories are funny, sad, memorable, disastrous, and just plain strange. One of my favorites was..."
21 Proms

A2 Amber, 2007 Teen Demi-Goddess
"21 Proms is a collection of short prom stories from the current and best young adult authors. From Aimee Friedman,..."