Meg Cabot is a hillariously funny writer. Her writing is creative and cool. Even though it is so outrageous, it is real and possible.
Samantha Madison is a normal Washington D.C. high school girl. She uses her time to draw her friends and celebrities the likes of James van der Beek and Heath Ledger. Her sister, the popular Lucy, tells her parents to get her in trouble. Sam is sent to an art class with quite an old lady teacher. Susan Boone, her art teacher, wants her to, get this, draw what she sees. What is up with that? Her sister’s boyfriend, Jack Ryder, is an artist rebel. Of course, he believes in drawing what you know. Then, on top of this, Sam is in “love” with him. She idolizes him.
On Sam’s second lesson, she skips out to go to Capitol Cookies and Static Records. When leaving Static, the President arrives to get a cookie. A strange man pulls a gun and Sam jumps on him in a moment. With help from the Secret Service and her fans, Sam finds out she is a celebrity and… SAVED THE PRESIDENT’S LIFE?!
Okay now. Why was the President there in the first place? Ahh, yes. His son was in her art class. Yes, I’m serious. Yes, the David who complimented Sam. Yes, the David who treats her very well at the White House for a dinner in her honor. Could he be in love? Sam certainly isn’t What is happening?
Meg Cabot’s work delights and excites me! This story is a gem. I love Jack’s idiocy, Sam’s blindness, and Lucy ditzyness All-American Girl is spectacular!
This book is awesomely funny and you will just want to read straight through it. Meg Cabot is my favorite author and she doesn't fail to entertain you in this book.
The book is about Samantha Madison, your average anti-social girl. She ends up saving the president from an assassination attempt, sparking a chain of events that are hilarious. Also, there is a little bit of romance in this book between Samantha and the preident's son, David. However, something happens that causes them to fight. What happens in the end? Do they get back together? I don't know...you'll have to read to find out!
This book was one of my faves from Meg Cabot. I loved the main character and everything she experiences at the white house. The book will make the female reader fall in love with the president's son, he sounds so cute! This book is funny and captures a sweet teenage romance you wish would never end. Recommended for all teens. if you loved Meg's other books, you'll love this one, no doubt!
this is a book of a girl who saves the president of the US's life. meet sam, she is the type of girl who thinks she is in love with her sisters boyfriend. her world changes whaen she saves the president from an assisation. and the first son falls in love with her
meg cabot never dissapoints ,e with her book,in this book the main character is an artist average girl who is tun into a national hero after saving the life of the president of the united states who has a handsome son.
the book has a great sense of humor,romance and action.
Eight reasons why you'll want to read ALL-AMERICAN GIRL:
8. It's written by Meg Cabot, the wonderfully funny author of the Princess Diaries books. Her humor is charming and painfully realistic.
7. Samantha Madison is probably a lot like you. She has sisters that annoy her, a crush on her older sister's boyfriend, and a loyal best friend. She loves No Doubt and drawing, and she's sometimes insecure. And she only eats hamburgers.
6. It's proof that you should be careful what you wish for, because you just might get it, and you might not necessarily want it. Like sudden popularity. Or the chance to judge an art contest. Or the chance to appear on national television.
5. Don't believe that one person can change the world? Think again. When Samantha saves the president of the United States from being assassinated, she becomes an overnight celebrity. That, of course, was not what she had planned to do when she skipped her art class one afternoon and went to the record store to listen to music.
4. Having a crush is never easy. When you have one on the son of the president, life gets even more difficult. Especially when he's smart, cute and artistic, and every time you're standing near him, you feel like you're about to say something stupid.
3. Samantha will inspire any reader to stand up for what she believes.
2. Art teachers and big sisters are a lot wiser than most people are willing to admit.
1. Anyone can be a hero, and the real heroes are not always who we think they are.
This was an awesome book. I liked how after a couple chapters, Samantha would give her top-10 reasons for something. I also like how her, her sister, David (the president's son), and Jack (Sam's sister's boyfriend), were all in this little love square. I think a lot of teenage girls will love this book.
This book was really good because it reminded me of The Princess Diaries series. It was about a girl who skipped going to Art class and the next thing she knows, she saved the president from being killed. Its a good read and it also reminded me about myself for some reason. Everyone can relate to her. There is also lists in the book just like how Mia from the Princess Diaries makes. I LOVE THOSE LISTS lol. I loved the ending because the girl in the book found herself through the whole experience she went through.
When I first saw the title I thought this was about a cheerleader, 'cause when you hear 'All-American' your first thought is cheerleader, football player, smalltowns like Smallville and Homecoming parades. So imagine my surprise when I find out it's about an artistic Goth who saves the presidents life. Come on now, I have never heard the phrase All-American Goth, so that was just new to me. And that whole Preppy cheerleader dating a Goth guy thing was just . . . inetersting. All in all, that was a great book.
This week's Author of the Week is actually a pair of authors who are cowriting one of the hottest contemporary series of the summer! Meet Ann Maree Craven and Michelle MacQueen, check out their latest...
Today, we're super excited to reveal the awesome cover for EYE OF ZEUS by Alane Adams releasing April 2020 from SparkPress.This book is perfect for fans of the Percy Jackson series, and we are so in l...