You’ll want to pick this one up.
Overall rating 

Writing Style 

Plot/Story 

Illustrations (if applicable) 

N/A
Characters (if applicable) 

Editing/Design Quality 

Zombies again! Stop me if this sounds familiar: the only way you can kill zombies is with a blow to the head to stop their brain, shoot them in the head. Still, Ann Greyson delivers it with a gruesome punch, pulling it off in entertaining style, and even ends the book on a high note that is both moving and satisfying, you’ll find it hard to not flip right back to the beginning.

Never-DEAD begins at high speed with the character Henry Winter on a plane that is quickly overrun by zombies which crashes killing everyone on board. Next, we find his daughters Hannah and Jenna in the midst of a zombie plague that will lead to the end of the world unless someone finds an antidote. Humor permeates through Hannah Winter’s narration, and from her perspective you can really experience her emotions as the events unfold. And just like me, readers will fall in love with the protagonist Jenna Winter who often finds herself in terrifying landscapes where horrific things occur but manages to get herself out of them too.

Originally thinking it may be chick lit – the book manages to surpass my expectations. The world of Never-DEAD fully fleshes out before our eyes. It’s almost as if Ann Greyson traveled to such a place, escaped from it, and then wrote it all down.
Good Points
The immaculate research by Ann Greyson is evident throughout the book, with fascinating medical terminology and procedure descriptions which help the reader understand the symptoms of the virus and the root cause.
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 29 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

Thomas Edison: Lighting the Way

0.0 (0)
Learn about the life of Thomas Edison in this early...
Cuddle Close, Little Koala

0.0 (0)
A reassuring bedtime story about the special bond between a...
Pete the Cat: 5-Minute Bedtime Stories: Includes 12 Cozy Stories!

0.0 (0)
Join Pete the Cat for 12 groovy, cozy stories perfect...
Rage and Ruin (The Harbinger, #2)

0.0 (0)
Half-angel Trinity and her bonded gargoyle protector, Zayne, have been...
Ty's Travels: All Aboard!

0.0 (0)
Join Ty on his imaginative adventures in Ty's Travels: All...
Literally: Amazing Words and Where They Come From

0.0 (0)
A stunning non-fiction picture book about the origins of the...
Sabina: In the Eye of the Storm

0.0 (0)
As in Anne Frank's "Diary of a Young Girl" and...
Ghost Wood Song

4.0 (1)
Sawkill Girls meets Beautiful Creatures in this lush and eerie...
My Love is All Around

0.0 (0)
Mommy Bear shows Baby Bear how love is all around...
I'm not a Mouse!

0.0 (0)
Olivia really doesn't like her nickname - mostly because it...
My Panda Sweater

0.0 (0)
The other kids may laugh, but I always feel safe...
One Day on our Blue Planet... In the Outback

0.0 (0)
From breakfast to dinner, dusk to dawn, children will love...
Mrs Bibi's Elephant

0.0 (0)
A heartwarming story with a message as big as an...
The State of Us

0.0 (0)
"Dre and Dean have got my vote!"—Adib Khorram, award-winning...
My Calamity Jane

0.0 (0)
Welcome to 1876 America, a place bursting with gunslingers,...
Little Creeping Things

0.0 (0)
A compulsively readable debut with a narrator you just...

Latest Member Reviews

The Shadows Between Us

"THE SHADOWS BETWEEN US is the highly devourable YA fantasy I have been searching for! This is an enthralling story..."
Remember Me

"‘First rule of storytelling,’ he says, a glint in his eyes.’ Everything is possible.’ Nell is..."
Into the Crooked Place (Into the Crooked Place, #1)

"INTO THE CROOKED PLACE is an engaging YA fantasy that follows five characters on a quest of aligned goals- even..."
To Kill a Kingdom

"TO KILL A KINGDOM is a wonderful YA fantasy about a siren and a pirate. Told in alternating points of..."
Tell Me How You Really Feel

"3 Reasons TELL ME HOW YOU REALLY FEEL needs to be on your shelf immediately: 1.) The spot-on comparison:..."
Remember Me

"REMEMBER ME is an engaging mystery/thriller that goes back and forth through time. We follow Lea in the past when..."
The Chosen (Contender, #1)

"MAZE RUNNER meets LAND OF THE LOST in this engaging page-turner full of twists and turns in an epic tale..."
The Wood

"I bought this by impulse. Seeing as this book was primarily a cover-buy, I did not have many expectations..."
Heartless

""Heartless" is the origin story for the Queen of Hearts (of Alice in Wonderland fame). Catherine, destined to be the..."
Nemesis

""Nemesis" is a really enthralling YA fantasy. We begin with Sepora who is fleeing her kingdom to prevent the war..."
White Rabbit

"TW: sexual assault, rape, homophobia, descriptions of violence, murder, drug use. White Rabbit is going to be the..."

"This sequel to Way of the Warrior Kid finds Marc having a very bad day on the last day of..."
White Rabbit

"Rufus just wants one day of semi-fun, something he hasn’t had since his ex-boyfriend, Sebastian, wrecked his heart. But then,..."
The Wood

"THE WOOD by Chelsea Bobulski is bound to be the next guiltiest pleasure on the market. Complete with time travel,..."
Wild Beauty

"Readers of Magical Realism will love this book!"
Wild Beauty

"A must read for those who love magical realism!"
Daughter of the Pirate King (Daughter of the Pirate King #1)

"YA Fantasy, DAUGHTER OF THE PIRATE KING mixes the supernatural with good ol' piracy. Fans of PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN..."
Heartless

""One to be a murderer. One to be a Martyr. One to be a Monarch. One to go Mad." *and..."
Jonah (The Styclar Saga #3)

"4.5 Stars! The conclusion to The Styclar Saga is finally here! This was an amazing, intense and emotional read...."
Gabriel (The Styclar Saga #2)

"Gabriel was an interesting follow up to The Styclar Saga. It started where book 1 ended with Lailah accepting her..."