Overall rating 

Writing Style 

Plot/Story 

Illustrations (if applicable) 

N/A
Characters (if applicable) 

Editing/Design Quality 

The Story:
Addie has an obsession with British rocker Jude, but it's just a fan thing. She's never supposed to actually meet him. When he shows up at a concert that isn't his in her small town, she catches his eye and can't look away. Soon, she's living every girl's fantasy, only fantasy isn't reality. From a co-star he's contractually obligated to fake an impending marriage with to the press who don't know what he sees in this small town nobody, she's in for a world of hurt. She must decide if loving the Jude she knows is worth the hassle of loving the man the world thinks they own.

What I loved:
Addie. Girl's got backbone. I cheered her on every time she stood up for herself and didn't let herself fall too hard. She knew she had to protect herself from the fallout no matter what happened. She also wanted to protect Tabby. Those girls are friendship goals and watching them support each other - even when it was hard - made this book. I also loved Addie's parents and how they treated her like an adult capable of making her own decisions. Plus... Jude's mom and brother. The best.
The story has a hopeful feel even when everything is falling apart because you get the feeling Addie will be okay no matter what happens.

What was just okay:
Jude. I couldn't root for the guy. He lied and went too far, unable to control his anger. There were points I wanted more from him, though we finally did get it near the end- which was brilliantly done by the way, even if it did break my heart.

Final Verdict:
A worthwhile read about a strong girl discovering that sometimes love isn't enough and finding herself along the way.
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

Grandpa's Stories

0.0 (0)
One young girl reflects on a year with her beloved...
The Nest That Wren Built

0.0 (0)
Nature lovers and poetry fans alike will be drawn to...

0.0 (0)
So, you want to know about Jack Wilson? Here’s some...
Elysium Girls

0.0 (0)
From a lush, dazzlingly original new voice in young adult...
The Lost Legends

5.0 (2)

0.0 (0)
A plague. A prophecy. A centuries-long curse. All her...
In the Hall with the Knife

0.0 (0)
A murderer could be around every corner in this...
Girls With Razor Hearts

0.0 (0)
Make me a girl with a razor heart… It’s...
Come Tumbling Down (Wayward Children #5)

0.0 (0)
The fifth installment in Seanan McGuire's award-winning, bestselling Wayward...
When Wishes Bleed

0.0 (0)
One Prince. One Witch. One Fate. The upheaval in...

0.0 (0)
Ali McMillian almost drowned. It wasn’t a run-of-the-mill accident either;...
Ember Queen (Ash Princess, #3)

0.0 (0)
The thrilling conclusion to the New York Times bestselling...
Moonscript

0.0 (0)
"It is said that Darkness is empty and whatever vanishes...
The Lucky Ones

0.0 (0)
For fans of Thirteen Reasons Why, This Is How It...

0.0 (0)
A captivating and utterly original fairy tale about a girl...
Meet Me at Midnight

0.0 (0)
They have a love-hate relationship with summer. ...
Sword in the Stars (Once & Future, #2)

0.0 (0)
In this epic sequel to Once & Future, to save...

Latest Member Reviews

Daniel Coldstar #2: The Betrayer

"Copy provided by Young Adult Books Central After the evens in The Relic War, Daniel, Jasper the..."
The Ghost in Apartment 2R

"Danny's family lives in a two bedroom apartment in Brooklyn. The family has struggled financially, with his filmmaker father doing..."
Little Tigers

"After hearing humans and their dogs nearby, Mother Tiger knows it's time for them to find somewhere safer to live...."
Conceal, Don't Feel (Twisted Tales, #7)

"If you adored FROZEN, you need to get your hands on this Twisted Tale which reimagines the story if Anna..."
What Makes Us

"WHAT MAKES US is an intriguing story that follows a teenaged boy, his mother (in the past), and his friend..."
I'll Give You the Sun

"I’ll Give You the Sun is a masterpiece of the Young Adult genre, perfectly incorporating the feel of what it..."
Cog
Cog

"Cog looks like an ordinary twelve year old boy, but he is an advanced android that the scientists at uniMind..."
One Speck of Truth

"Alma knows that if good girls were girls with no questions, she wasn't a good girl. She has SO MANY..."
The Cold is in Her Bones

"What I Loved About THE COLD IS IN HER BONES: Milla lives an isolated life on..."
Don't Date Rosa Santos

"DON’T DATE ROSA SANTOS is a sweet and touching book about family. Rosa lives with her grandmother, and she sees..."
New Adventures Story Box (Peppa Pig)

"The NEW ADVENTURES STORY BOX is an affordable Peppa Pig collection. It contains six books in the set: Learning to..."
The Beautiful Lost

"A first-person past-tense telling exclusively from the perspective of Maia, a depressed high school sophomore with some ambitious—if half-formed—plans for..."
10 Blind Dates

"10 BLIND DATES is the must-read romantic comedy of the fall! Sophie is staying with her grandparents and her very..."
The Wise and the Wicked

"Ruby and her sisters come from a long line of wise and powerful women. When their grandmother and her sisters..."
The Dark Beneath the Ice

"THE DARK BENEATH THE ICE is a stunningly written YA horror that follows Marianne as she starts losing time, sees..."
Scream Site

"After reading Justina Ireland's YA, Dread Nation, which has a solid amount of scare, I was ecstatic to pick up..."
The Voice in my Head

"THE VOICE IN MY HEAD begins with Indigo standing on a building, praying to God for her sister to live..."
The Lost Girl

"What I Loved: While there are many things to love about THE LOST GIRL, my personal favorite is how..."
The Strangers (The Greystone Secrets #1)

"The Greystone kids have a good life, even if their father died when they were all very young. Chess remembers..."
In the Neighborhood of True

"After her father's untimely death, Ruth Robb's mother uproots her and her little sister from New York City to Atlanta,..."