Shifters and Witches take on Ancient Evil
Overall rating 

Writing Style 

Plot/Story 

Illustrations (if applicable) 

N/A
Characters (if applicable) 

Editing/Design Quality 

Maddie is a Hawthorne sister and is known for performing a spell against the Ancients. If the stares of her peers at Thunderbird Academy wasn't bad enough, her dad is missing as well and Maddie will do anything to find him. However, her friends Liam and Kate haven't returned to the school because of the threat of the Ancients, leaving her alone. However, her new roommate Jade doesn't seem so bad and doesn't treat her differently like everyone else does.

Enter Aiden. He's a brooding shifter that seems to have it out for Maddie. She hates the pressure she's under because everyone seems to think she has it all together, even though she doesn't. Aiden calling her names like Duchess doesn't help make anything easier. To top it off, Maddie can't help but feel drawn to Aiden. Sure, he's gorgeous, but there's something else springing to life between them and Maddie isn't sure if she likes the distraction. As the threat of the Ancients begins to knock on the doorsteps of the academy, Maddie might have to rely on Aiden and her new friends more that she'd like to.

OF WATER AND MOONLIGHT is the first book I've read by Valia Lind so I did miss a bit of background information, but I still loved it. Valia does a good job at filling the reader in on what's happened in the past books so they don't feel left out if they start with this one. Aiden is so frustrating and sexy at the same time that I look forward to see how the relationship between Maddie and Aiden changes and grows. I love how there are all types of supernatural beings in this book but the prominent ones are shifters and witches. Maddie is also the best. She's so stubborn and strong which will be needed with the danger she faces.

Final Verdict: OF WATER AND MOONLIGHT is a supernatural paranormal romance full of action, betrayal, and magic. I would recommend this to fans of fantasy, paranormal, action and adventure, magic, romance, shifers and witches.
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

In My Heart

0.0 (0)
A working mother reassures her child that even when they’re...
Grandpa's Stories

0.0 (0)
One young girl reflects on a year with her beloved...
The Nest That Wren Built

0.0 (0)
Nature lovers and poetry fans alike will be drawn to...

0.0 (0)
So, you want to know about Jack Wilson? Here’s some...
Elysium Girls

0.0 (0)
From a lush, dazzlingly original new voice in young adult...
The Lost Legends

5.0 (2)

0.0 (0)
A plague. A prophecy. A centuries-long curse. All her...
In the Hall with the Knife

0.0 (0)
A murderer could be around every corner in this...
Girls With Razor Hearts

0.0 (0)
Make me a girl with a razor heart… It’s...
Come Tumbling Down (Wayward Children #5)

0.0 (0)
The fifth installment in Seanan McGuire's award-winning, bestselling Wayward...
When Wishes Bleed

0.0 (0)
One Prince. One Witch. One Fate. The upheaval in...

0.0 (0)
Ali McMillian almost drowned. It wasn’t a run-of-the-mill accident either;...
Ember Queen (Ash Princess, #3)

0.0 (0)
The thrilling conclusion to the New York Times bestselling...
Moonscript

0.0 (0)
"It is said that Darkness is empty and whatever vanishes...
The Lucky Ones

0.0 (0)
For fans of Thirteen Reasons Why, This Is How It...
Girl, Serpent, Thorn

0.0 (0)
A captivating and utterly original fairy tale about a girl...
Meet Me at Midnight

0.0 (0)
They have a love-hate relationship with summer. ...

Latest Member Reviews

Amelia Westlake Was Never Here

"AMELIA WESTLAKE WAS NEVER HERE is a clever and fun YA contemporary with hints of romantic comedy. Will Everhart is..."
Damn Few: Making the Modern SEAL Warrior

"I thought the book was hard to put down."
Infinitude

""A thrilling Young Adult dystopian novel.""
Don't Even Think About It (Don't Even Think About It #1)

"This story caught my interest with the premise of some NYC teens being able to read minds after having the..."

"What Left Me Wanting More: Back in the day, when I was obsessed with chick lit, Sarah Mlynowski was one..."

"Don’t Even Think About It was a nice, hilarious, cute-sy contemporary with a little paranormal twist. The gist of the..."
Endless (The Violet Eden Chapters #4)

"I've been a huge fan of this series since the first book came out. I even made sure to..."
The Clever One

"ISBN: 9780340920206 Publisher: Hachette Pages: 314 I've always been 'the clever one'. So clever that I got 10 As..."
Every Soul a Star

"Reader reviewed by Ruthie My cousin in middle school told me to read this one and I can say I..."

"Reader reviewed by Stephanie Melody Carver is a "normie" (human) who regrets letting her plastic surgeon father fix her "camel-hump..."
How to Be a Hepburn in a Hilton World: The Art of Living with Style, Class, and Grace

"Reader reviewed by GirlwiththeBraids Jordan Christy uses her experience of the music and media business to create a guide for..."
Every Soul a Star

"Ally loves her home. Her family owns and operates a campground in "the Middle of Nowhere, USA." It's a good..."