Overall rating 

Writing Style 

Plot/Story 

Illustrations (if applicable) 

N/A
Characters (if applicable) 

Editing/Design Quality 

What I loved:

Just about everything. This was an adorable YA Contemporary Romance with a surprisingly well-rounded main character. Charlie's relationship with her father felt sweet and real. Watching her form her first female relationship equally so.

The plot was fun and right on par with the genre, all culminating in that HEA we all know and love from Oram.

Where I Wanted More:

I could have used just a little more from nearly all of the side characters, but they were entertaining and served their purposes perfectly well.

Overall:

This is a perfect feel-good, pick-me-up, perfect for a long, sleepless night or a rainy day kind of book.

Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

A Thousand Questions

0.0 (0)
Set against the backdrop of Karachi, Pakistan, Saadia Faruqi’s tender...

0.0 (0)
Second in a new series about a bright and determined...

0.0 (0)
There's a chill in the air and frost on the...

0.0 (0)
Disney’s classic animated films come to life in the latest...
Fence: Striking Distance

0.0 (0)
The boys of Kings Row bout with drama, rivalry, and...
Pirate Nell's Tale to Tell

0.0 (0)
From the author/illustrator team behind The Snatchabook comes a book-filled...
The Glass Queen (The Forest of Good and Evil, #2)

0.0 (0)
Once Upon a Time meets Game of Thrones in...
Skyhunter (Skyhunter, #1)

0.0 (0)
A broken world. An overwhelming evil. A team of...
Finding Balance

0.0 (0)
Jase Ellison doesnt remember having acute lymphocytic leukemia when...
Be a Voter!: 450 Stickers for Democracy

0.0 (0)
Get out the vote! It’s...
I Believe In You

0.0 (0)
A charming picture book that inspires confidence, boosts self-esteem, and...
Breathless

0.0 (0)
From Jennifer Niven, the #1 New York Times bestselling...
Of Thorns and Beauty (Twisted Pages Book 1)

0.0 (0)
You think you know the tale as old time,...
The Verity

0.0 (0)
When being eaten alive is the least of your...
Meanwhile

0.0 (0)
Celebrate 10 years of this completely original graphic novel take...
Grant Beagan: The Finder's Code

0.0 (0)
He’s just an ordinary teenager who likes astronomy, video games,...

Latest Member Reviews

None Shall Sleep

"NONE SHALL SLEEP is an engaging YA psychological thriller. The book follows Emma Lewis, who in the past was captured..."
They Wish They Were Us

"THEY WISH THEY WERE US is an engaging YA thriller reminiscent of GOSSIP GIRLS. The book follows Jill, who had..."
A Wicked Magic

"Friends Dan and Liss find a Black book of magic and try a spell. Only the spell goes terribly..."
All Your Twisted Secrets

"Perfect for fans of One of Us is Lying A delightfully twisty page-turner, fans of Karen M. McManus will..."
Little Creeping Things

"LITTLE CREEPING THINGS was definitely a engrossing read, as I finished it pretty quickly. Here, we have Cassidy, who has..."
Clique Bait

"The Story: Chloe is after revenge for what happened the year before to her best friend. She blames the..."
Fractures (Echoes, #2)

"FRACTURES follows up ECHOES with a similar adventure and eventually leading to the answers we sought in the first book...."
I Killed Zoe Spanos

"I KILLED ZOE SPANOS is an engaging YA thriller. The book switches between the present and a few months earlier,..."
The Twin

"Ivy and her twin sister Iris parents divorced when they were ten. Ivy got to live with their father and..."
Jane Anonymous: A Novel

"JANE ANONYMOUS follows two timelines: one while Jane was captured for 7 months and one after she is back home...."
Wilder Girls

" THIS WAS INCREDIBLE. This book reads like BUTTER...… Moldy, rotten, disgusting butter,..."
Jane Anonymous: A Novel

"Told from the perspective of a girl who was captured and escaped, JANE ANONYMOUS is a thriller of both physical..."
Pax Novis (The Pax Archives, #1)

"PAX NOVIS is an engaging YA sci-fi novel that takes place in the future, when humans have colonized other planets...."
I'm Not Dying with You Tonight

"Los Angeles, Ferguson, and Baltimore. Three cities where years of racism, injustice, unchecked police brutality, and rampant anti-Black racism came..."
The Grace Year

"It’s been one week since I finished The Grace Year by Kim Liggett as I sit down to start this..."
All the Things We Do in the Dark

"ALL THE THINGS WE DO IN THE DARK is an intensely challenging and thought-provoking read with some magical realism elements...."
Creep

"CREEP is an interesting YA thriller/horror that follows an incoming high school freshman, Olivia (Liv). Olivia lives in a small..."
The Missing Season

"Urban legend in the town of Pender has it every October the Mumbler snatches a kid. Local authorities brush the..."
Wilder Girls

"The top 3 reasons you need WILDER GIRLS by Rory Power on your shelf: 1.) The characters:..."
T-Minus

"T-MINUS is a fast-paced YA thriller that is billed as 24 for teens. Sophie Washington, the character from whose perspective..."