Slow-Paced Read that also Raises Awareness
Overall rating 

Writing Style 

Plot/Story 

Illustrations (if applicable) 

N/A
Characters (if applicable) 

Editing/Design Quality 

Romy has just finished school and is torn because she isn't sure what she wants to do with her life. She's being pressured from her parents to either follow in her dad's footsteps in business or her mom's in science. However, Romy doesn't feel like she fits in either of those worlds.

After saving the life of the dreamy Logan Rush (who's also an actor she's in love with), doors open for her. Romy gets a job as Logan's personal assistant, which gives her access to the famous heartthrob. With this new job, she's thrown into the glitzy and back-stabbing world of show business. As Logan and Romy grow closer, secrets come to light and Romy has to figure out which path is the right one for her.

HUSHED is a slow-paced contemporary romance with a female lead who is trying to find her place in the world after school. The romance between Logan and Romy is like a slow burning fire that expels just the right amount of heat. I love how motivating and captivating this story is and how it makes me want to go out and do something to make our world a safer place for endangered animals. Joanne Macgregor does an amazing job at bringing awareness to these issues without taking away from the story.

Final Verdict: I would recommend this to fans of contemporary romance, saving the animals and our planet, coming of age, and the importance of finding yourself.
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 1 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

Grandpa's Stories

0.0 (0)
One young girl reflects on a year with her beloved...
The Nest That Wren Built

0.0 (0)
Nature lovers and poetry fans alike will be drawn to...

0.0 (0)
So, you want to know about Jack Wilson? Here’s some...
Elysium Girls

0.0 (0)
From a lush, dazzlingly original new voice in young adult...
The Lost Legends

5.0 (2)

0.0 (0)
A plague. A prophecy. A centuries-long curse. All her...
In the Hall with the Knife

0.0 (0)
A murderer could be around every corner in this...
Girls With Razor Hearts

0.0 (0)
Make me a girl with a razor heart… It’s...
Come Tumbling Down (Wayward Children #5)

0.0 (0)
The fifth installment in Seanan McGuire's award-winning, bestselling Wayward...
When Wishes Bleed

0.0 (0)
One Prince. One Witch. One Fate. The upheaval in...

0.0 (0)
Ali McMillian almost drowned. It wasn’t a run-of-the-mill accident either;...
Ember Queen (Ash Princess, #3)

0.0 (0)
The thrilling conclusion to the New York Times bestselling...
Moonscript

0.0 (0)
"It is said that Darkness is empty and whatever vanishes...
The Lucky Ones

0.0 (0)
For fans of Thirteen Reasons Why, This Is How It...

0.0 (0)
A captivating and utterly original fairy tale about a girl...
Meet Me at Midnight

0.0 (0)
They have a love-hate relationship with summer. ...
Sword in the Stars (Once & Future, #2)

0.0 (0)
In this epic sequel to Once & Future, to save...

Latest Member Reviews

Starfell: Willow Moss & the Lost Day (Starfell, #1)

"STARFELL is a charming and magic-filled middle grade fantasy that sweeps young readers away into another world. Willow Moss seemed..."
The Peacock Detectives

"THE PEACOCK DETECTIVES is a story told by a young narrator, who is in Grade 6 but reads at a..."
The Monster Hypothesis

"THE MONSTER HYPOTHESIS is a really fun middle grade investigative mystery. Kick is living with her grandmother, a fake psychic..."
The Edge of the Word (Mightier than the Sword, #2)

"THE EDGE OF THE WORD is another absolutely delightful interactive story, where you are the main character in the book...."
Rat Rule 79: An Adventure (Yonder, #1)

"RAT RULE 79 is charming, ridiculous, and completely engaging. Fred is about to turn thirteen in a new place, as..."
On Snowden Mountain

"ON SNOWDEN MOUNTAIN is a heavy historical middle grade read, which deals with depression, alcoholism, war, domestic abuse/violence, and child..."
The Little Grey Girl (The Wild Magic Trilogy, #2)

"THE LITTLE GREY GIRL is the second book in a trilogy, but I found that it could be read on..."
Mightier Than the Sword (Mightier Than the Sword, #1)

"Part mad libs and activity book plus fully developed fictional story, MIGHTIER THAN THE SWORD is a delightfully interactive read..."
Dugout: The Zombie Steals Home

"Gina and Stacy are twins who play for rival baseball teams. This flows off the field into intense and sometimes..."
TBH, This May Be TMI (TBH, #2)

"TBH, THIS MAY BE TMI is the second in a contemporary middle grade series, though it can easily function as..."
The Rubicus Prophecy (The Witches of Orkney, #2)

"THE RUBICUS PROPHECY is an engaging second book in the WITCHES OF ORKNEY series that follows the same friends on..."
Dear Sweet Pea

"Sweet Pea is in her last year of primary school (K-7th grade) and will be starting at secondary school the..."
I Can Make This Promise

"I CAN MAKE THIS PROMISE is a moving middle grade contemporary fiction about trusting your parents, finding your heritage, and..."
The Other, Better Me

"THE OTHER, BETTER ME is a contemporary middle grade novel that follows a ten-year-old, Lola, as she explores herself and..."
Ember and the Ice Dragons

"EMBER AND THE ICE DRAGONS is a lush middle grade historical fantasy that follows Ember, a dragon who was transformed..."
The Owls Have Come to Take Us Away

"THE OWLS HAVE COME TO TAKE US AWAY is a middle grade sci-fi/horror (though not too scary) that follows a..."
Apocalypse Taco

"APOCALYPSE TACO is a horror graphic novel that follows two middle school aged boys, Axl and Ivan. Axl and Ivan..."
Awesome Achievers in Technology: Super and Strange Facts about 12 Almost Famous History Makers

"AWESOME ACHIEVERS IN TECHNOLOGY is an approachable middle grade non-fiction book about people behind every day inventions that you may..."
Naked Mole Rat Saves the World

"NAKED MOLE RAT SAVES THE WORLD tells the story of kit, whose name is lowercase because she was too small..."
Amelia Fang and the Barbaric Ball (Amelia Fang, #1)

"AMELIA FANG AND THE BARBARIC BALL is the first book in the Amelia Fang series, a fantasy/magical middle grade series..."