Writing Style 

Plot/Story 

Illustrations (if applicable) 

N/A
Characters (if applicable) 

Editing/Design Quality 

The other side of the story.

The Story:
We finally get to see just what happened behind the scenes in Fate and Fortune. Our rational brains told us there was no actual magic in the book, but now we get to see just how they pulled it off through the eyes of the rest of the crew. There's a new girl named Genie, a fortune teller, and moms who want to be in the middle of all the planning.

What I loved:
There's so much love in this book. That's what it comes down to. This group of friends wants Bryce and Paige to be happy. Full stop. Even the moms want to get involved to make sure it happens. The lengths these kids go to is just incredible. It's a hilarious story of schemes and a lot of luck to make magic for Paige and Bryce.

What was just okay:
It was all great.

Final Verdict:
This isn't a story the reader will want to come back from any time soon. It has everything. Meddling friends, endearing moments, lots of swoons, and it's all wrapped up in an engaging style of writing. Well done.
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

Red at The Bone

0.0 (0)
Moving forward and backward in time, Jacqueline Woodson's taut and...
Bid My Soul Farewell (Give the Dark My Love, #2)

0.0 (0)
Lunar Island is trying to heal. The necromantic plague that...
There Will Come a Darkness

0.0 (0)
The Age of Darkness approaches. Five lives stand...
Frankly in Love

0.0 (0)
wo friends. One fake dating scheme. What could possibly go...
Serpent & Dove

0.0 (0)
Two years ago, Louise le Blanc fled her coven and...
American Royals

0.0 (0)
What if America had a royal family? If you can't...
Capturing the Devil (Stalking Jack the Ripper, Book#4)

0.0 (0)
In the shocking finale to the bestselling series that began...
Five Dark Fates (Three Dark Crowns Book, #4)

0.0 (0)
In the final book in the #1 New York Times...
Sword and Pen (Great Library Book, #5)

0.0 (0)
With the future of the Great Library in doubt, the...

0.0 (0)
Whenever another kid goes missing in October, the kids in...

0.0 (0)
A crucial, genre-bending tale, equal parts Ned Vizzini and Patrick...

0.0 (0)
A heartwarming and poignant story that explores the bonds of...

0.0 (0)
Sana Khan is a cheerleader and a straight A student....
Crown of Dragons

0.0 (0)
The normal world is an illusion. Separated from other realms...

0.0 (0)
At seventeen, June Hardie is everything a young woman in...
Butterfly Yellow

0.0 (0)
Perfect for fans of Elizabeth Acevedo, Ibi Zoboi, and Erika...

Latest Member Reviews

"Urban legend in the town of Pender has it every October the Mumbler snatches a kid. Local authorities brush the..."

"3 Reasons TELL ME HOW YOU REALLY FEEL needs to be on your shelf immediately: 1.) The spot-on comparison:..."

"Amy Lukavics is one of my favorite horror writers. All of Lukavics's books are a little odd (in the best..."

"You might think that being the daughter of Eros, Kali might be good at the whole cupid thing. Kali would..."
The Cold is in Her Bones

"What I Loved About THE COLD IS IN HER BONES: Milla lives an isolated life on..."
Wilder Girls

"The top 3 reasons you need WILDER GIRLS by Rory Power on your shelf: 1.) The characters:..."
Butterfly Yellow

"BUTTERFLY YELLOW is a heartfelt and engrossing historical fiction. H?ng is in the US, searching for her younger brother. After..."

"*This review contains spoilers for book one, A BLADE SO BLACK* A DREAM SO DARK, sequel to A BLADE..."
The Lady Rogue

"THE LADY ROGUE is an absolutely thrilling historical fiction/fantasy. In the vein of THE MUMMY but in Romania and with..."
The Burning Shadow (Origin Series, #2)

"What worked: I'm a huge fan of the Lux series and LOVE Daemon. The relationship between Daemon and Kat is..."
Voyages in the Underworld of Orpheus Black

"VOYAGES IN THE UNDERWORLD OF ORPHEUS BLACK is a story about brotherhood, war, and the power of art. Harry is..."
Firebrand: The Initiation of Natali Presano (Firebrand, #1)

"This comic book is an interesting print form of a webtoon series that captures season 1. Natali Presano was born..."
Tiger Queen

"All Kateri wants to do is impress her father, become the queen she's meant to be, protect her people, and..."
Cracking the Bell

"Isaiah's family has struggled after the death of his sister in a car accident that wasn't her fault. The parents..."
The Haunted

"THE HAUNTED is a really fascinating YA horror that follows Hendricks, a teenage girl, after she moves into a haunted..."
My Almost Flawless Tokyo Dream Life

"Sixteen-year-old foster kid Elle Zoellner's life turns topsy turvy when a father, she never knew about, wants her to move..."
Truly Madly Royally

"I’d be lying if I didn’t say that half of the reason why I read this was because it’s a..."
Finding Esme

"Esme feels alone. Her much-loved grandfather died, her dad deserted the family, her mom has mentally checked out, and her..."
House of Salt and Sorrows

"Annaleigh just wanted to be in charge of the lighthouse close to her island home. Rumors circulate on the island..."
Wreck: A Novel

"WRECK is a heart-wrenching story about a teenage girl on the brink of college as she discovers her father's life-altering..."