Writing Style 

Plot/Story 

Illustrations (if applicable) 

N/A
Characters (if applicable) 

Editing/Design Quality 

This book was so good.

The Story:
Mia and Carson have always hated each other. As Carson's brother's best friend, they've spent most of their lives circling each other, but never becoming friends themselves.
Until now. After injuring Caron injures Mia in gym class and she retaliates, the two are forced to work together to take over the school's holiday angel project. If they don't kill each other first.

What I loved:
Pretty much everything. Mia is such a strong character and it's easy to root for her. It tugged on my heart when she kept waiting and waiting for the acceptance letter. Carson took some warming up to, but only because of how we see him through Mia's eyes. As the story moves alone, we learn how a lot of his past actions had reasons beyond antagonization. He becomes a sweet guy who has always been in love with his brother's best friend.

What was just okay: Some unnecessary drama with the brother, but I understand why it had to happen so it didn't take away from the story.

Final Verdict:
A story you'll want to read in one sitting with characters you won't want to leave behind, and a writing style that leaves you looking for everything else written by this author.
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

Rosenhart Book I 'The Sight'

0.0 (0)
"Be the Legend, Join the Quest" The Rosenhart...
Fabric of a Generation

0.0 (0)
For one teen, life's greatest adventure isn't time travel but...
Close Calls: How Eleven US Presidents Escaped from the Brink of Death

0.0 (0)
Historians tell the stories of tragic and untimely presidential deaths,...
Imber (Book One of The Thanatos Trilogy)

0.0 (0)
The locks are failing. The...
Awesome Dog 5000 (#1)

0.0 (0)
Marty, Ralph, and Skyler might make the ultimate secret combo...
Althea Gibson: The Story of Tennis' Fleet-of-Foot Girl

0.0 (0)
Althea Gibson was the quickest, tallest, most fearless athlete in...
The Big Game

0.0 (0)
Danny Owens is dedicating his seventh-grade season to his Super...
Race to the Sun

0.0 (0)
Lately, seventh grader Nizhoni Begay has been able to detect...
Suffragette: The Battle for Equality

0.0 (0)
Imprisonment, hunger strikes, suffrajitsu — the decades-long fight for women’s...
Catherine's War

0.0 (0)
A magnificent narrative inspired by a true survival story that...
Dangerous Alliance

0.0 (0)
Lady Victoria Aston has everything she could want: an older...
Dugout: The Zombie Steals Home

0.0 (0)
Twins Stacy and Gina Cavallaro are on rival little league...
The Fountains of Silence

0.0 (0)
Madrid, 1957. Under the fascist dictatorship of General Francisco...
Dinosnores (Boynton on Board)

0.0 (0)
“Honk SHOOOOOO! Honk SHOOOOOO! . . .” ...
Good Day, Good Night

0.0 (0)
Now in a sturdy board book format, perfect for little...
TBH, This May Be TMI (TBH, #2)

0.0 (0)
Told entirely in text messages, the second book in this...

Latest Member Reviews

The Babysitters Coven

"What worked: This is a quirky, humorous at times paranormal where a babysitter's club is really a code name for..."
Tweet Cute

"TWEET CUTE is a fun enemies-to-dating and anonymous-You've-Got-Mail style YA contemporary romance. The book follows the two protagonists in equal..."
Throw Like a Girl

"THROW LIKE A GIRL is a charming story about chasing your dreams, a little romance, and a passion for sports...."
Fan the Fame

"WHAT I LOVED: Excuse me, who gave Anna Priemaza permission to bug my house and use my brother and I..."
I'm Not Dying with You Tonight

"Los Angeles, Ferguson, and Baltimore. Three cities where years of racism, injustice, unchecked police brutality, and rampant anti-Black racism came..."
How to Make Friends with the Dark

"A weighty YA Contemporary, grappling with a wide array of crises and quandaries. What I..."
Symptoms of a Heartbreak

"I started out reading an ARC of Symptoms of a Heartbreak, but then I switched to reading a hardcover in..."
Sick Kids in Love

"SICK KIDS IN LOVE is a beautiful story about love- as well as invisible illness/disability AND NOBODY DIES! (I do..."
The Bookworm Crush

"THE BOOKWORM CRUSH is an absolutely charming romantic comedy with all sorts of booklover homages. Amy McIntyre is @redheadrecs and..."
Scared Little Rabbits

"SCARED LITTLE RABBITS follows Nora (aka Eleanor, Lowercase) as she sets out on a summer camp adventure that resulted in..."
A Constellation of Roses

"A CONSTELLATION OF ROSES is a beautiful story of familial love and healing. Trix has been trying to make her..."
Frankly in Love

"FRANKLY IN LOVE is a surprisingly deep and heartfelt read. Although it is described as a rom-com, this is not..."