(Updated: June 11, 2019)
Overall rating 

Writing Style 

Plot/Story 

Illustrations (if applicable) 

N/A
Characters (if applicable) 

Editing/Design Quality 

I'm not going to lie, I was a bit skeptical when I started this book. As someone in a wheelchair, who struggles tremendously with weight and body image, I was very nervous. This book is everything, though. It's incredible.

The struggles both of the main characters face are so real, and the authors handled them perfectly. There were so many moments when I was reading that made me tear up because of how well it was done.

I wish I'd had this book about 10 years ago. I've been physically disabled my whole life. I was never able to crawl, let alone walk. This has always been my life, and one I've accepted, but there are still bad days. The body image issues are much more prominent in my life. It's something I'm still working on. So, to have this book fall into my lap that deals with both... it just about melted my heart.

The book is very well written. There's a good pace to it and nothing feels forced. I absolutely love the characters. Not even just Peyton and Cameron--I love Nari and Julian and the others! I cannot wait to read the other books about these other characters. I already have the next book, The N Word, and it's taking every bit of will power I have to not jump into it yet (darn school and responsibilities!).

I highly recommend this book. It deals with a lot of important subjects, but it's also a cute contemporary. It's funny in parts, adorable in others, and it made me very happy overall.

*Original review on Functionally Fictional.*
Good Points
- Deals with important subjects well.
- Funny and adorable.
- Very well written.
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

0.0 (0)
A haunted tower, an evil ghost, a monster spawned from...
Babies Can Sleep Anywhere

0.0 (0)
What better way to encourage a little one to sleep...
The Bad Guys in The Big Bad Wolf (The Bad Guys, #9)

0.0 (0)
The Bad Guys are back for the monstrously funny 9th...

0.0 (0)
Sweet treats and friendship mix-ups abound in this story about...

0.0 (0)
From award-winning Carolyn Mackler, the story of Willa, who has...

0.0 (0)
This book is about the Stonewall Riots, a series of...

0.0 (0)
Twelve-year-old Emily is flying with her parents to China to...
A Small Zombie Problem (Zombie Problems, #1)

0.0 (0)
In his fiction debut--and the start of a new series--celebrated...
My Funny Bunny

0.0 (0)
When a boy receives a gift box from his uncle...
Kindness Rules! (A Hello!Lucky Book)

0.0 (0)
Manners don’t come naturally to everyone! But did you know...
Teeny Tiny Ghost

0.0 (0)
An adorable spooky twist on "The Teeny Tiny Woman" that's...
A Pumpkin for Peter: A Peter Rabbit Tale

0.0 (0)
Hop into the world of Peter Rabbit and his friends...
Solving for M

0.0 (0)
Perfect for fans of Raymie Nightingale and The Fourteenth Goldfish,...
A Parade of Elephants

0.0 (0)
New York Times–bestselling and Caldecott Medalist Kevin Henkes follows five...
My Fate According To The Butterfly

0.0 (0)
When superstitious Sab sees a giant black butterfly, an omen...
The Rough Patch

0.0 (0)
A Caldecott Honor Book An...

Latest Member Reviews

Reverie

"REVERIE is a captivating and unique YA fantasy without adequate comparisons. The book follows Kane, a teenage boy who was..."
The Bone Houses

"THE BONE HOUSES is a beautifully crafted and full engrossing YA fantasy with some horror aspects. Aderyn (Ryn) is a..."
Tiger Queen

"TIGER QUEEN is an engrossing retelling of the short story, THE LADY, OR THE TIGER? that really takes it above..."
The Memory Thief

"THE MEMORY THIEF is an engrossing YA fantasy that will keep you turning pages late into the night. Etta lives..."
The Surface Breaks: A Reimagining of The Little Mermaid

"THE SURFACE BREAKS is a slow-building retelling of The Little Mermaid. While staying true to the classic, this story adds..."
The Twelve

"Usagi lives in a world where some children are born with extraordinary powers, either ones that are animal like qualities..."

"After his adventures in My Magical Life and The Magical Mix-Up , Zach has reawakened his magical abilities, but is..."
Spin the Dawn (The Blood of Stars, #1)

"SPIN THE DAWN is an unbelievably fantastic read with some elements of a high-stakes PROJECT RUNWAY, some elements of FLAME..."
The Tiger at Midnight (The Tiger at Midnight, #1)

"THE TIGER AT MIDNIGHT is a lush YA fantasy that follows two primary characters in alternating points-of-view. Esha is known..."
Emily Windsnap and the Pirate Prince (Emily Windsnap, #8)

"EMILY WINDSNAP AND THE PIRATE PRINCE is the eighth book in the Emily Windsnap series, but easily functions as a..."
Game of Stars  (Kiranmala and the Kingdom Beyond #2)

"Kiran has survived her ordeals in The Serpent's Secret, and is back in Parsippany, New Jersey. and is trying to..."
Bloodleaf (The Bloodleaf Trilogy, #1)

"BLOODLEAF is a new favorite. This YA fantasy is completely engrossing, thrilling, and absolutely amazing. Aurelia is princess of Renalt..."
Song of the Dead (Reign of the Fallen #2)

"If you loved Reign of the Fallen, you will LOVE Song of the Dead. This book picks up right..."
Dungeons & Dragons: Escape the Underdark: An Endless Quest Book

"Told in second-person present-tense, this fantasy is styled after the beloved choose-your-own-adventure books of yore. It also features a vast..."
Dungeons & Dragons: To Catch a Thief: An Endless Quest Book

"Nostalgic parents rejoice! Told in second-person present-tense, this fantasy is styled after the beloved choose-your-own-adventure books of yore...."
The Orphan Queen (The Orphan Queen #1)

N/A
"original review at: http://www.literarychaos.com/ In the spirit of honesty, I would never have picked this book up for myself...."
Let Sleeping Dragons Lie (Have Sword, Will Travel #2)

"Sir Eleanor and Sir Odo are back with their respective talking swords. After the death of Sir Halfdan and the..."
Shadow of the Fox (Shadow of the Fox #1)

"SHADOW OF THE FOX alternates POV between a half-kitsune named Yumeko and a samurai named Kage Tatsumi. After watching a..."
Shadow of the Fox (Shadow of the Fox #1)

"Julie Kagawa NEVER disappoints. As a fan who has been following her writing since The Iron Fey series came out,..."
Six of Crows

" A clever and dark YA fantasy—featuring a well-rounded cast paired to a heist plot that tugs at the mind..."