Overall rating 

Writing Style 

Plot/Story 

Illustrations (if applicable) 

N/A
Characters (if applicable) 

Editing/Design Quality 

The story:
When seventeen-year-old Austen finds her dad’s car on the side of the car with a dead women inside but her father nowhere in sight she’s about to learn there is more to her father’s past than she could have imagined. With the help of new comer Ezra and the mysterious lighthouse keeper Ian, she stumbles upon a portal to the past and answers about her father.

What I loved:
I enjoyed the mix of sci-fi and mythology when it came into the story. The mystery of her missing father also kept me reading and the twist and turns kept me turning the page too. I liked the characters but Ian was my favourite, the air of mystery around him and the lighthouse kept me intrigued. Also, the cover is beautiful.

What was just okay:
There was a few times when I grew frustrated with Austen. She and her mum didn’t seem to worried about her father as though he would just reappear at any time, despite the fact he was a murder suspect. And Austen’s siblings were conveniently shipped off to their grandparents whenever it suited the story line.

Final Verdict:
When Darkness Falls is an enjoyable mash up of romance, science fiction and mythology. The mystery keeps you turning the page and I look forward to finding out what happens next.
Good Points
Mystery and intrigue keeps you turning pages.
Great for lovers of science fiction, mystery and mythology.
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

Apocalypse Taco

0.0 (0)
Sid, Axl, and Ivan volunteer to make a late-night fast-food...
The Owls Have Come to Take Us Away

0.0 (0)
In this delightfully creepy novel from Coretta Scott King/John Steptoe...
Voyages in the Underworld of Orpheus Black

0.0 (0)
Harry Black is lost between the world of war and...
Awesome Achievers in Technology: Super and Strange Facts about 12 Almost Famous History Makers

0.0 (0)
Part of a super fun middle grade series, Awesome Achievers...
Kitty and the Moonlight Rescue

0.0 (0)
Girl by day. Cat by night. Ready for an adventure....

0.0 (0)
A strong educational foundation helps ensure a child is able...

0.0 (0)

0.0 (0)

0.0 (0)
The first I Can Read! book featuring beloved picture book...

0.0 (0)
In a beautiful anthology, ten children’s book greats share stories,...
Firebrand: The Initiation of Natali Presano (Firebrand, #1)

0.0 (0)
First time in print! The...

0.0 (0)
Sage Sassafras’s life is cursed! No, really. Since birth, Sage...
Naked Mole Rat Saves the World

0.0 (0)
Can Kit’s super-weird superpower save her world? ...
The Brokenhearted

0.0 (0)
teenage girl is transformed into a reluctant superhero and...
Brave Enough

0.0 (0)
Teenager Cason Martin is the youngest ballerina in the Atlanta...
I Wanna Be Where You Are

0.0 (0)
When Chloe Pierce’s mom forbids her to apply for a...

Latest Member Reviews

Remember Me

"REMEMBER ME is an engaging mystery/thriller that goes back and forth through time. We follow Lea in the past when..."
A Room Away From the Wolves

"Clever, mysterious, and deliciously creepy, A ROOM AWAY FROM THE WOLVES is an atmospheric magical realism that will make the..."
Every Stolen Breath

"EVERY STOLEN BREATH is an engrossing read that follows Lia as she attempts to uncover her father's killers. Every so..."
Darkness on the Edge of Town (Stranger Things )

"Darkness on the Edge of Town is a fascinating glimpse into Hopper's past. Being a big fan of Hopper since..."
This Cruel Design

"Feedback This book…. What do I have to say about this book…. I have such a love/hate relationship with it...."
Let Me Hear a Rhyme

"Tiffany D. Jackson has knocked it out of the park yet again with LET ME HEAR A RHYME. When Steph..."
Overturned

"Top 3 reasons you need to read Overturned by Lamar Giles (and read the rest of his books while you're..."
Last Things

"LAST THINGS is a YA fantasy that follows two teens, Anders and Thea, in alternating points-of-view. Anders is the vocalist,..."
Let Me Hear a Rhyme

"I'm not sure which the character I loved the most. It is one of those heartfelt stories about a group..."
The Vanishing Stair

"Feedback As soon as I finished the first book I was so eager to continue. I absolutely loved Truly..."
Truly Devious

"Feedback I absolutely loved this book. It was a buddy read for me and it sounded interesting so I..."
The Lovely and the Lost

"THE LOVELY AND THE LOST follows Kira, a girl who was once found by search and rescue (SAR) and who..."
The Day Before (Riverdale Novel 1)

"Riverdale: The Day Before features the perspectives of the four main characters of season 1: Jughead, Archie, Betty, and Veronica...."
Analiese Rising

"ANALIESE RISING is a YA fantasy that sets us up with a new world and new characters. Analiese (Ana..."
We Told Six Lies

"WE TOLD SIX LIES is an engaging YA thriller. Cobain is an 18-year-old loner- he doesn't have any friends, and..."
Smoke and Key

"SMOKE AND KEY is an intriguing and macabre YA mystery. We follow Key into the world of Under as she..."
Where She Fell

"Eliza is an aspiring geologist and self-professed 'nerd'. Even though she feels like the odd one out, Eliza tries hard..."
Watch You Burn

"Jenny is an arsonist who has an addiction of watching things burn. When she moves in with her dad, she..."
99 Lies (100 Hours, #2)

"99 lies pick up exactly where the last book left off, post-kidnapping—at least for most of them. Genesis and Holden..."
A Sky for Us Alone

"A SKY FOR US ALONE by Kristin Russell is a YA coming-of-age novel filled with mystery and heartache. It’s set..."