Overall rating 

Writing Style 

Plot/Story 

Illustrations (if applicable) 

N/A
Characters (if applicable) 

Editing/Design Quality 

The story:
Set in a world ravaged by a war between Vampires and Angels, Liv may have lost her family but she still has her dog and best friend. But when they’re forced to go in search of food she’s separated from the last human she knew and is desperate to find him again.

What I loved:
I loved so much about this story. The premise, the characters, the romance, mystery, and surprises, it had me hooked from beginning to end.

What was just okay:
There is a part in the book where Liv made some decisions that frustrated me, but I don’t want to give any spoilers and it definitely didn’t ruin the story for me.

Final Verdict:
I really enjoyed this story and can’t wait to read book 2 in the series.
Good Points
Well-developed characters
Interesting plot
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 1 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

Traitors Among Us

0.0 (0)
World War II may be over. But two sisters are...
The Devil Makes Three

0.0 (0)
When Tess and Eliot stumble upon an ancient book hidden...
African Icons: Ten People Who Shaped History

0.0 (0)
Meet the ten remarkable kings, queens, inventors, scholars, and visionaries...
Liar's Room

0.0 (0)
This spooky stand-alone from MG horror expert Dan Poblocki is...
Manu: A Graphic Novel

0.0 (0)
Set at a magical school for girls, a funny and...
Barakah Beats

0.0 (0)
Twelve-year-old Nimra Sharif has spent her whole life in Islamic...
Cold-Blooded Myrtle (Myrtle Hardcastle #3)

0.0 (0)
Myrtle Hardcastle—twelve-year-old Young Lady of Quality and Victorian amateur detective—is...
How to Get Away with Myrtle (Myrtle Hardcastle #2)

0.0 (0)
Myrtle Hardcastle has no desire to go on a relaxing...
Playing the Cards Your Dealt

0.0 (0)
Ten-year-old Anthony Joplin has made it to double digits! Which...
Kyle's Little Sister

0.0 (0)
My name is Grace, not "Kyle's little sister!" ...
Ground Zero

0.0 (0)
In time for the twentieth anniversary of 9/11, master storyteller...
Final Season

0.0 (0)
From New York Times bestselling author and former NFL player...

Latest Member Reviews

Taking Care of Mama Rabbit

"When Mama Rabbit falls ill, it's up to Papa Rabbit to go get medicine and her children to make her..."
Ciao, Sandro!

"What worked: This is an adorable story of Sandro who gives readers a quick peek of Venice. Sandro is the..."
The Tossy-Turny Princess and the Pesky Pea: A Fairy Tale to Help You Fall Asleep (Feel-Good Fairy Tales)

"THE TOPSY-TURNY PRINCESS AND THE PESKY PEA is a cute twist on the Princess and the Pea fairytale about what..."
Adventures with my Daddies

"ADVENTURES WITH MY DADDIES is a brightly colored and charming picture book read about family and a love of reading...."
Everything is Mine

"EVERYTHING IS MINE is a silly picture book told from the perspective of Marcello Von Cauliflower Bonaparte Jackson. Marcello claims..."
A Friend Is...

"A FRIEND IS... is a sweet picture book to share with friends. This book describes the many things friends can..."
Angelina's Baby Sister (Angelina Ballerina)

"ANGELINA'S BABY SISTER is a picture book that captures the joy and jealousy of having a new baby. Angelina is..."
Step by Step (Angelina Ballerina)

"STEP BY STEP is a sweet Angelina Ballerina book where Angelina begins to teach her sister ballet. Angelina and Polly..."
Second Banana

"SECOND BANANA is an adorable picture book read about disappointment, looking at things in a new way, and friendship. Mrs...."
Angelina Ballerina at Ballet School

"ANGELINA BALLERINA AT BALLET SCHOOL is a cute picture book story about this beloved character. Angelina is excited to go..."
They Call Me River

"THEY CALL ME RIVER is a lovely, poetic picture book read. The book contains a lyrical poem about the water..."
Star of the Party: The Solar System Celebrates!

"STAR OF THE PARTY is an adorable and fun picture book about the solar system. Using a fictional story about..."
Let's Brush Our Teeth! (Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood)

"LET'S BRUSH OUR TEETH! is such a clever and fun book from Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood that teaches young children about..."
Milo is Missing Something

"MILO IS MISSING SOMETHING is a cute picture book about exploration and family. After Milo hatches, he is excited to..."
The Good Song: A Story Inspired by "Somewhere Over the Rainbow / What a Wonderful World"

"'The Good Song' by Alexandria Giardino, pictures by Penelope Dullaghan, combines colorful, powerful illustrations of a family and their time..."
Arlo Draws an Octopus

"ARLO DRAWS AN OCTOPUS is a cute picture book about perfectionism, self-acceptance, and new perspectives. Arlo loves octopuses, and he..."
Blue Floats Away

"BLUE FLOATS AWAY is the intriguing story of an iceberg. Blue lives with his mother and father, when one day..."
100 Cats: Cute Kitties to Count

"100 CATS is a fun, rhyming adventure of all kinds of cats. The total number shown is 100, but counting..."
Be a Tree!

"BE A TREE! is an intriguing picture book that compares people to trees. This extended metaphor compared the ways that..."
The Alpactory: Ready, Set, Go!

"THE ALPACTORY: READY, PACK, GO! is a cute picture book about preparedness. The book starts with three animals who are..."