Young Adult Indie 750
A beautiful, unique, and captivating story
Overall rating 

Writing Style 

Plot/Story 

Illustrations (if applicable) 

Characters (if applicable) 

Editing/Design Quality 

I went into this book with a pretty vague idea of what it was about-a sci-fi novel revolving around a medieval Biodome community. When I started reading I realized that the Biodome community was started by a group of LARPers who wanted to take their "game" much more seriously... and their children have been raised under the laws and regulations of this community. Naturally, the story really gets going when these worlds start to... intermingle. ;)

Legacy is told from multiple perspectives and one of the things I truly enjoyed was the fact that when you're reading as Willow-or Leaf-the writing is more elegant, more metaphorical. When it switches to Fillion it's much more relaxed, sarcastic, maybe even a bit more spontaneous. It gave a really great voice to these characters but also really showcased Jesikah's ability to transport you to both worlds within her story-the tech/anime outside world and the frozen-in-the-past Biodome community.

I also loved the contrast in her characters. The sarcastic and sassy hacker that is Fillion is worlds away from the beautifully emotional and grounded Willow, and yet they're both amazing characters.

The only thing I think might be a negative factor to the reader is the world building-but unfortunately most first-in-a-series novels have a lot of world building. As someone who really enjoys world building, it only further drew me into the story and I thought it was all meshed into the story well.

Definitely recommend, we need more wonderful female sci-fi authors in our libraries.
Good Points
Jesikah's writing voice truly shines and she transports you between her worlds. Lovely characters and a fantastic plot.
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

Astro Kittens: Cosmic Machines (Astro Kittens)

0.0 (0)
Greetings, my little Astro Kittens! Are you ready to take...
Astro Kittens: Into the Unknown (Astro Kittens)

0.0 (0)
Greetings, my little Astro Kittens! Are you ready to take...
All the Things We Do in the Dark

0.0 (0)
Sadie meets Girl in Pieces in this dark, emotional thriller...
The Rubicus Prophecy (The Witches of Orkney, #2)

0.0 (0)
Abigail has just started her second year at the Tarkana...
Fancy Nancy: Camp Fancy

0.0 (0)
Based on the Disney Junior TV show and inspired by...
Rules for Vanishing

0.0 (0)
In the faux-documentary style of The Blair Witch Project comes...
What Makes Us

0.0 (0)
A viral video reveals a teen’s dark family history, leaving...
Harry Potter Origami

0.0 (0)
Ever wanted to fold your own Chocolate Frogs? Or play...
By Any Means Necessary

0.0 (0)
Heart-wrenchingly honest, fans of Brandy Colbert and Nicola Yoon will...
Fireborne (The Aurelian Cycle, #1)

0.0 (0)
Annie and Lee were just children when a brutal revolution...
Artemis Fowl: The Graphic Novel

0.0 (0)
In 2001, audiences first met and fell in love with...
On the Come Up

0.0 (0)
Sixteen-year-old Bri wants to be one of the greatest rappers...
Spin

0.0 (0)
Sixteen-year-old Paris Secord's (aka DJ ParSec) career--and life--has come to...
Leah on the Offbeat

0.0 (0)
Leah Burke—girl-band drummer, master of deadpan, and Simon Spier’s best...
The Brightsiders

0.0 (0)
A teen rockstar has to navigate family, love, coming out,...

0.0 (0)
Could you fall in love with a robot? ...

Latest Member Reviews

Games of Deception: The True Story of the First U.S. Olympic Basketball Team at the 1936 Olympics in Hitler's Germany

" The Summer Olympics will take place again in July 2020, and all eyes will turn to Tokyo, Japan as..."
Bodyguard: Traitor (Book 8)

"After attacks in Pittsburgh and Columbus, Ohio, the security team is on high alert. Every venue is potentially fatal; every..."
Bodyguard: Target (Book 7)

"This is a prequel to the series that follows the career of Charley Hunter, who oversees Connor's unit in Recruit..."
Lone Stars

"Clay loves playing football with his good friends, and football is a family activity in Texas. His mother is a..."

"Calla has always known she would marry Ren and start their own pack of Guardians, werewolves sworn to protect the..."
Bodyguard: Recruit (Book 1)

"Connor Reeves has just won a major kick boxing tournament and is on his way home when he tries to..."

"Perry Wallace grew up in Nashville, Tennessee at a time when many things were changing in the south. He had..."
Atlantis Lost (Atlantis Saga #3)

"After Atlantis Rising and Atlantis in Peril, we find the denizens of the various worlds once again thrown into turmoil...."
The Skeleth

"Having concluded their epic battle with The Nethergrim, Edmund, Katherine and Tom are separated and trying to get on with..."
Fast Break

"Jayson's mother dies of drug related problems and her boyfriend pays the rent for two months and then takes off...."
Mockingbird

"This was a VERY boring book. it was low and just not a good read."
Atlantis in Peril (Atlantis Saga #2)

"After Narkazan's defeat in Atlantis Rising, the immortal warlord is back because the Veil of Peace is shredding. Sammelvar and..."
Lost in the Sun

"Trent is known is Cedar Lake as that kid... the kid who threw the hockey puck that killed Justin Richards...."
The Secret Sky: A Novel of Forbidden Love in Afghanistan

"The Secret Sky isn’t a book I would ordinarily pick up. While I love diverse novels, I tend to steer..."
Invisibility

N/A
" I wanted to read this one because the idea of invisibility appeals tho me. Then..."
Eagle Strike (Alex Rider #4)

"The only reason I keep reading this series is because I can asily read it on my phone. This one..."
Skeleton Key (Alex Rider #3)

"This kept me on the edge of my seat for the whole 4 hours it took me to read it......"
The Day the Crayons Quit

"I was so excited to pick up my very own copy of this book. I actually sat down right..."
The Day the Crayons Quit

"THE DAY THE CRAYONS QUIT puts a fun spin on how each color may feel about its most common uses..."
Between Shades of Gray

"Okay, first of all, I didn't even know the Baltic deportations happened. And after reading the author's note that follows..."