Intriguing Writing Style
Overall rating 

Writing Style 

Plot/Story 

Illustrations (if applicable) 

N/A
Characters (if applicable) 

Editing/Design Quality 

When Cassia is unwillingly sacrificed to the War God, she's shocked when it's someone she's already met. Theo doesn't want a sacrificial bride because he doesn't want to be forced to choose sides in this war. As the War God, he needs to remain neutral. But when he catches a glimpse of Cassia's face, he can't deliver the final blow to send her to the Netherworld.

There's something between the two that keeps pulling Cassia and Theo together no matter how much friction there is. Not to mention Cassia is in over her head when she realizes just how much deception there is between the gods and goddesses, but she sees something different in Theo. It's small and well-hidden, but still there.

I loved the push and pull between the two characters. It built up anticipation and tension as I was eager to discover how everything was going to unfold. I loved Theo and Leander's characters. Goran was another favorite and Amber Duell does an excellent job with developing her variety of characters. It's hard to dislike any of them.

Final Verdict: This was a story that was perfectly colored with emotion that kept me on the edge of my seat. I would recommend it to fans of mythology, romance, mystery, and action. This was one of my favorite reads of the year.
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

The Secret Key (Agatha Oddly)

0.0 (0)
Meet thirteen-year-old Agatha Oddly – a bold, determined heroine, and...
Skipping Forward

0.0 (0)
What if you could skip forward in time, but...
The Hand on the Wall (Truly Devious, #3)

0.0 (0)
New York Times bestselling author Maureen Johnson delivers the...
Finding Mr. Better-Than-You

0.0 (0)
A heartbroken teen, with the help of her best...
Golden Chains

0.0 (0)
Never fall in love with the enemy. If only...
Wardens of Eternity

0.0 (0)
Magic and magical creatures. Immortal gods and goddesses. History...
Tweet Cute

0.0 (0)
Meet Pepper, swim team captain, chronic overachiever, and all-around...
Jack Kerouac is Dead to Me

0.0 (0)
Fifteen-year-old JL Markham's life used to be filled with carnival...
The Lost Legends

0.0 (0)
All her life, Princess Adalina heard tales of the legendary,...
We Are All His Creatures: Tales of P. T. Barnum, the Greatest Showman

0.0 (0)
In a series of interwoven fictionalized stories, Deborah Noyes gives...
In the Hall with the Knife

0.0 (0)
A murderer could be around every corner in this thrilling...
Birthday

0.0 (0)
Boyhood meets The Sun Is Also a Star in this...
A Betrayal Exposed (Not Every Girl Book 3)

0.0 (0)
Olivia Davenport’s life is finally going smoothly, until if falls...
Freaky in Fresno

0.0 (0)
Influencers. Movie nerds. Beauty queens. And one pink convertible. Have...
The Hunt

0.0 (0)
Death marked her from her very first breath. ...
Only Mostly Devastated

0.0 (0)
Will Tavares is the dream summer fling―he's fun, affectionate, kind―but...

Latest Member Reviews

Fire Falling

"I fell in love with Air Awakens. The chemistry between the characters and the plot development had a perfect blend...."

"This darker and grittier sequel of Issaura's Claws, steers readers on a journey outside the kingdom of Elysia into the..."
Winter's Captive

"YA fantasy has always been my favorite. However, the past few months, I'd been in a slump. I struggled getting..."
Super Powers

"The story: Hot on the heels of the event of Super Humans (Book One), we get inside..."
Super Humans

"The story: Best friends Chloe and Miranda, eager to start their college careers, move into an old, off-campus Victorian..."
Below The Moon

"This book is not like anything else I have ever read and I thought it was great!!! you will need..."
Legacy of Light (Legends of the Tri-Gard Book 2)

"Legacy of Light by M. Lynn, Michelle Bryan picks up right where the first one left off. *Please note that..."
Mage's Apprentice

"Aspen lives in New York City where the Mage's council oversee the well being of the people in it. As..."
Air Awakens

"Feedback I absolutely loved this book and looking back I’m honestly a little surprised. Hear me out! This book..."
Plague of Death Anchoress Series Book Two

"Van, Paley, and Brux are back in D.L. Armillei‘s Plague of Death, the second book in the Anchoress series. I..."
Golden Curse (The True Story of Rapunzel)

"It’s no secret that I enjoy a good fairytale retelling and Golden Curse by M. Lynn is that. This book..."
Shock of Fate: Anchoress Series Book One

"Shock of Fate by D.L. Armillei is the first in the Anchoress series. Aside from the gorgeous cover (y’all seriously,..."
The Comet Club

"This book is so much fun. I loved the story and can't wait for a sequel. Just read it!..."
Golden Curse (The True Story of Rapunzel)

"If there's anything you should know about me it's that I love fairy tale retellings. They're my absolute favorite, and..."
The City of Veils

"With her face hidden behind a hood/veil, Brynna protects the city of Forcadel. She works hard to bring down the..."
Fairest Son

"A well-written and unique take on an old tale. The Story: The prince of the Seelie court is the..."
The Fontre (Chronicles of Lashai Book 2)

"Format: Paperback As a mother of three young children it is very hard to find time to read. This is..."

"I loved it! I'm so delighted to have gotten to read the 2nd book in this series! If you love..."

"I was hooked from the beginning and it had my attention all the way through. Great book! "
The Namarielle (Chronicles of Lashai Book 1)

"I love the budding love story mixed in with the evil that is happening around them, it gives the readers..."