Sin will win you round
Overall rating 

Writing Style 

Plot/Story 

Illustrations (if applicable) 

N/A
Characters (if applicable) 

Editing/Design Quality 

Since I first read The Tainted Accords series by Kelly St. Clare last year, just after she released Fantasy of Freedom the last book in the series, I have been pining away, needing to read more of this fantastic world & the characters that Kelly has built. No matter how many times I have re-read the series, and trust me there have been a few, I have been longing for there to be more in this world. When I heard Kelly would be writing some short books from other characters that appeared in the book I was excited, however it felt like such a long time away. So how happy was I when January finally got here and I could get my grabby little hands on Sin, well I was dancing around the house.

Sin was always a character that intrigued me in TTA, however he was also one I was unsure of. He's a well known ladies man who would move onto the next female faster than you could say Solis! He comes across as vain, selfish & self indulged so it interested me why a character like him would follow Lina into battle to take back a country, which was not his, that was suffering under the tyranny of Lina's mother. I just knew that there was more to him than appeared and I couldn't wait to delve into his mind.

Right from the outset of this book Sin had me giggling away. I mean this is so Sin and I could imagine him doing this that I laughed out loud.
"He was putting a smolder into his expression when his well-formed chest muscles caught his attention. Sin tensed them both, watching as they leaped in response."
I love the way that Kelly has written Sin, he's such a multilayered character and the way he grows and develops through the book just made me love him. I really think he's now one of my favourites.
This is a dual POV book and Olorna is brand new to us in the TTA world. She's a villager who has suddenly been thrust into navigating the complexities & nastiness of the Osolis court, she's already got enough to deal with, and then along comes Sin who in some ways makes it worse.

I love that we still get to see plenty of the old characters make an appearance in this book, but also meet some new ones. I also enjoyed that we got some of an idea of other events that happened in TTA through another view point. Sin & Lorna are characters that I'm hoping we'll now get to see more of in future books, and I really hope Lorna carries on keeping Sin on his toes as even though he deserves his happy chance, I also don't think it should all be too easy for him and I'm pretty sure it won't be. I just hope he now starts using some more of that intelligence that we discover he has and not just his pretty face and smoking hot bod all the time.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book and can't wait to read the next one which is about Olandon, I'm desperately wanting to find out who the woman is that has his interest as yet again Kelly hinted at this character but did not let on to whom it may be! Sin gets the full five stars from me as an enjoyable, entertaining and re-readable book. Just note that if you haven't read The Tainted Accords series then please do not start this until you have as it may be confusing and will spoil the enjoyment and surprises in the series.
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

In A Flash

0.0 (0)
A riveting and dramatic story of two devoted sisters, Italian...
Welcome to California: A Little Engine that Could Road Trip

0.0 (0)
The Little Engine That Could is on the move and...
The Alpactory: Ready, Set, Go!

0.0 (0)
Welcome to the Alpactory! These wacky alpacas are here to...
I Like to Share!

0.0 (0)
Celebrate the joys of learning to share in this exuberant...
The Infinity Courts (The Infinity Courts, #1)

0.0 (0)
Westworld meets Warcross in this high-stakes, dizzyingly smart sci-fi about...

0.0 (0)
Protect the weak. Safety for all. Power without virtue is...
If Only...

0.0 (0)
Bestselling author-illustrator Mies van Hout employs vivid creatures in a...
Like a Giant

0.0 (0)
A beautiful story about imagination and taking your time to...
A Rosa Le Encantan Los Carros/Rosa Loves Cars

0.0 (0)
Averiguemos con quâe juguetes juegan Rosa y sus amigos hoy!...
The Duck Who Didn't Like Water

0.0 (0)
See a duck take to the water of friendship in...
Goodnight, Little Llama

0.0 (0)
Meet Little Llama, who is about to make a very...
The Boy and the Sea

0.0 (0)
A picture book meditation on curiosity, wonder, and finding one’s...
In Your Cozy Bed

0.0 (0)
A soothing bedtime board book from the creators of In...
Chicks Rock!

0.0 (0)
Rocker Chick overcomes stage fright to find her voice in...
The Beach (Bluey)

0.0 (0)
Read along and join Bluey's latest adventure! ...
All About Bluey

0.0 (0)
Meet Bluey! This lovable and imaginative Blue Heeler puppy is...

Latest Member Reviews

Curse of the Specter Queen

"CURSE OF THE SPECTER QUEEN was an intriguing YA historical fiction with code-breaking, good friends, and imminent danger. Sam works..."
Curse of the Specter Queen

"Curse of the Specter Queen by Jenny Elder Moke is Indiana Jones meets The Mummy (1999) and encompasses everything I..."
The Forest of Stolen Girls

"There were so many things I really liked about this book. The case of the missing girls was obviously the..."
Poison Priestess (Lady Slayers, #2)

"POISON PRIESTESS is an intriguing YA historical fiction that follows Catherine Monvoisin, a fortune teller and infamous master of poisons...."
Sixteen Scandals

"SIXTEEN SCANDALS by Sophie Jordan is a YA novel set in regency London. The story follows Primrose on her sixteenth..."
The Night Circus

"I couldn’t begin to express how much I adore this book. This book, magically, soothed my temper and let me..."
Jo & Laurie

"Jo March is less than pleased with her publisher, who has not only made her artificially sweeten her novel, but..."
A Curse of Roses

"A CURSE OF ROSES is an intriguing YA historical fantasy based on a Portuguese legend. The book tackles themes of..."
The Book Thief

"This book was so good that I cried in the end. Yes, literally. Markus Zusak's writing is clear, bold, and..."
A Cloud of Outrageous Blue

"A CLOUD OF OUTRAGEOUS BLUE is a historical fiction read that takes the reader to 1348-1349. Edyth grew up with..."
The Black Kids

"THE BLACK KIDS is a really poignant read that ties history to the present. Ashley is a senior in high..."
Roaring

"ROARING takes place in the 1920s- with a twist. Monsters, sirens, minotaurs, basilisks, and more, exist, and they are woven..."
Jo & Laurie

"Jo March is surprised at how well her novel LITTLE WOMEN has done. Now her publisher and readers want a..."
Watermark (The Broken Bell, #1)

"WATERMARK is a dark historical (takes place in the 1990s) suspense. The book follows Jeannine, Angel's sister, and Alex, her..."
The Invincible Summer of Juniper Jones

"THE INVINCIBLE SUMMER OF JUNIPER JONES is a heart-wrenching YA historical novel that takes place primarily in 1955. Ethan is..."
Blood Countess (Lady Slayers)

"Visually, this book is a gorgeous work of art, splattered with blood from cover to cover. For those familiar with..."
The Paper Girl of Paris

"THE PAPER GIRL OF PARIS by Jordyn Taylor is a new young adult novel that is both a contemporary and..."
Jo & Laurie

"JO & LAURIE takes place after the publication of the original LITTLE WOMEN, which is about half of the current..."
The Jewel Thief

"THE JEWEL THIEF by Jeannie Mobley is a YA Historical Fiction novel, set in Paris, France during the reign of..."
Spindle and Dagger

"Spindle and Dagger by J. Anderson Coats is a beautiful, yet brutal, literary novel set in Medieval Wales. It is..."