(Updated: April 17, 2015)
Overall rating 

Writing Style 

Plot/Story 

Illustrations (if applicable) 

N/A
Characters (if applicable) 

Editing/Design Quality 

Get prepared to be taken on an unpredictable journey. I was drawn to this book by the amazing cover art and when I read the book blurb I thought "finally"...an author who is not following the pack on the typical dystopian, dark and depressing trend that seems to be everywhere lately. I am so excited I took a chance on this awesome indie author. Her characters have such wonderful depth and the setting makes me want to visit Cleveland. Seriously, who knew they had islands in Ohio?

I absolutely loved Allie. I love a story where I actually am able to laugh and cry with the characters I am reading about. Even though she is this extraordinary girl with powerful gifts, Allie is very grounded in reality. One the best things about this series is that the author has made everything so believable. She has woven such a creative storyline that is truly one of a kind. I was totally blown away.

This is a refreshing new series with an unbelievable ending. Can't wait for book two.

Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 3 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

A Thousand Questions

0.0 (0)
Set against the backdrop of Karachi, Pakistan, Saadia Faruqi’s tender...

0.0 (0)
Second in a new series about a bright and determined...

0.0 (0)
There's a chill in the air and frost on the...

0.0 (0)
Disney’s classic animated films come to life in the latest...
Fence: Striking Distance

0.0 (0)
The boys of Kings Row bout with drama, rivalry, and...
Pirate Nell's Tale to Tell

0.0 (0)
From the author/illustrator team behind The Snatchabook comes a book-filled...
The Glass Queen (The Forest of Good and Evil, #2)

0.0 (0)
Once Upon a Time meets Game of Thrones in...
Skyhunter (Skyhunter, #1)

0.0 (0)
A broken world. An overwhelming evil. A team of...
Finding Balance

0.0 (0)
Jase Ellison doesnt remember having acute lymphocytic leukemia when...
Be a Voter!: 450 Stickers for Democracy

0.0 (0)
Get out the vote! It’s...
I Believe In You

0.0 (0)
A charming picture book that inspires confidence, boosts self-esteem, and...
Breathless

0.0 (0)
From Jennifer Niven, the #1 New York Times bestselling...
Of Thorns and Beauty (Twisted Pages Book 1)

0.0 (0)
You think you know the tale as old time,...
The Verity

0.0 (0)
When being eaten alive is the least of your...
Meanwhile

0.0 (0)
Celebrate 10 years of this completely original graphic novel take...
Grant Beagan: The Finder's Code

0.0 (0)
He’s just an ordinary teenager who likes astronomy, video games,...

Latest Member Reviews

Skyjacked!

"Six students from an elite private school are returning home after a camping trip on the private plane belonging to..."
Not if I Save You First

"this book is amazing!!! I am still reading it but I am up to a good part. don't wanna spoil..."
The Seclusion

" The Seclusion is scarily wonderful. I couldn't put this book down and ended up finishing it all in one..."
Dry
Dry

"It is a true testament to the authors’ skill that I was literally parched while reading this book. Readers will..."
Where She Fell

"Eliza is an aspiring geologist and self-professed 'nerd'. Even though she feels like the odd one out, Eliza tries hard..."
NOTES FROM MY CAPTIVITY

"Adrienne Cahill finds herself on an expedition to remote Siberia looking for the fabled Osinov family with her stepfather, Dan,..."
The Glass Arrow

"Original Review: http://www.literarychaos.com/ I was really cautious going into this book. I knew from the synopsis that it had..."
Carve The Mark

"A good read. A bit confusing in the beginning, but as with many fantasy novels, it works itself out...."
The Red Ribbon

"Fourteen-year-old Ella is striped down and treated as subhuman by the Nazis and tries to survive. When she hears of..."
Frostblood

"Absolutely incredible! “Frostblood” was an amazing YA fantasy with a touch of romance that quickly burned (or should I say..."
Not if I Save You First

"Maddie's father is a Secret Service agent who is protecting Logan's father, the president of the United States. "Mad Dog"..."
Tracker's Canyon

"Tristan's father taught him everything he near about tracking and canyoneering, but after his father disappears during a hike, Tristan..."
Even the Darkest Stars

"Kamzin dreams of being an explorer, climbing mountains, and finding adventures. When a twist of fate allows her to journey..."
Frostblood

"Frostblood follows a young girl through a journey of revenge and romance. Ruby is a Fireblood, one of the last..."
Refugee

"Alan Gratz does it again with Refugee. Gratz knows how to weave historical facts and great story telling flawlessly. Refugee..."
Wild Bird

"What worked: Insightful tale of a rebellious teen who is sent to a wilderness survival camp in the middle of..."
The Sandcastle Empire

"THIS BOOK IS AMAZING. Kayla's voice is flawless, the story gripping, and everything else alarmingly possible. I can see why..."
The Living (The Living #1)

"This book is full of terrible clichés, and is a complete ripoff of the titanic, and many other disaster books...."
When Planets Fall

"I loved When Planets Fall. It was amazing, fun, heart-wrenching and did I mention amazing? When Planets Fall takes..."
Alone (Generations #3)

"This third and final book in Scott Sigler’s The Generations Trilogy picks up roughly a year after the second book..."