Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Believe me when I tell you how amazing this simple picture book is! I LOVE books that have hidden meanings, especially for younger readers. Exclamation Mark is one of those books. I found this on an Amazon Children's Book List. I thought it looked cute-- I did not read the summary-- and requested a copy from the library. As I sat down to read it with my young son, I knew it was going to be great. Most of the pages have simple illustrations and very few words... but there was something about the story being told that made me smile. Exclamation Mark feels like he doesn't fit it. He's different. He doesn't look like the others, and he desperately wants to. He does everything he can think of the be more like the periods, but nothing sticks. But then he learns an amazing truth about himself--being different can be pretty spectacular. I loved how quickly Exclamation Mark came to realize that he was unique and amazing on his own. I also liked how the periods confirmed this. What a great message! My young son "got it" and made great observations about how being different is wonderful. I highly recommend this one for young and old alike. There is something for every reader on these pages.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account