Review Detail

5.0 2
Young Adult Indie 164
Totally adorable with lots of sweet-swooning moments!!
Overall rating

Writing Style

N/A
Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Every Boy is a Book is the first title I've devoured and loved in 2019. Awesome is not a big enough word to describe how much it made me smile and feel and fall in love with the writing and the characters. It was so much fun and extremely cute. I just couldn't get enough of it and I didn't put it down until I was done with it and even then, I had a huge smile on my face and I was thinking about Marika and Matteo for a long time afterward.

It's not a very quick and easy read, but definitely a well-written contemporary YA. Started off slow, but finished with a bang!!! Family and friendship dynamics were real, Marika's link with Federico was heartbreaking, and the slow-burn romance between her and Matteo, her BFF, was totally adorable and intense with lots of sweet-swooning moments. Not only did I like Marika, but I loved the supporting characters as well. Matt made my heart and stomach flutter. I fell madly in love with him right away, but I was in love with Federico as well.
Marika's stubborn streak could get annoying at times, and it drove me crazy when she and Matteo had misunderstandings, but I also couldn't help shipping them. They were perfect together, both as best friends and as lovers. A connection like that can withstand almost anything, even fame, success, and drama.

Just my kind of book! Fans of My Life Next Door, Kasie West's romances, Hundred Oaks and The Field Party Series, will adore this book.
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. If you don't like insta-love stories, but die for sweet slow-burn romances about people who obviously belong together, this is a great pick!
Good Points
I loved the storyline, as well as the sub plots, but my favorite part was the slowly developed friends-to-more romance.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account