Review Detail

4.0 1
Young Adult Fiction 320
A strong and emotional conclusion to one of my favorite series.
Overall rating

Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
What I Loved: From the very beginning, I’ve loved Jack and he did not disappoint in this last book. His unconditional love for Nikki and all he does for her, is just plain amazing. He has to deal with a lot of crap, especially given the connection between Nikki and Cole and I loved that he put her needs ahead of his own. I’ll admit, sometimes he was a bit intense, but not in a creepy way, in a way where I could see just how much he loved her. There was a good amount of romance between Nikki and Jack, which I savored, but I’m greedy and could’ve always used more. Ashton also did a great job at making me simultaneously love and hate Cole even more. There was definitely a few moments where I could see his true feelings for her show and a part of me wished there was a way for both him and Jack to have what they wanted.

Left Me Wanting More: I was hoping for a little more action and drama from the characters and the creatures of the Everneath. There was some, and a great couple scenes towards the end, but I guess I was hoping for more. Also, after they discovered how to go against the Everneath and the Queen, things felt kind of rushed and a bit too easy.

Final Verdict: Ashton does a great job and really delivers with this final installment. If you’ve been a fan of series, you’ll definitely want to see how it all ends. That ending really gripped at my heart and I was all kinds of emotional!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account