N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Reader reviewed by stephanie

I swear, the series get better and better. Thank god. ;] Anyway, after Elizabeth's homecoming and tragic tragedy that had occurred, she refuses to leave the house and remains a ghost of what she used to be. She becomes pale and thin. Outside, however, life remains the same, or so it seems. Henry and Penelope are definitely not having the romantic couple lifestyle that Penelope so desired. And Carolina Broad is still using hurtful gossip to get more money especially when her financial aid seemed unstable.

I thought the characters were definitely more well-written especially Henry. In the few two books, I thought he was a pretty shallow character - not personality wise but the way he was written. He seemed like someone who only liked girls and couldn't really think for himself. He would do whatever his father said because he didn't know how to earn the money he needed himself. However, in this book, I was happy to find that he could actually think for himself. By trying to save Diana, [he used this huge roundabout way which I thought was utterly stupid] and decided to go into the army to help his country. I thought this was really brave of Henry even though I still think that there's better ways for him to save Diana AND be with her.

The girls were also more well-developed. Though I still hate Carolina with a dying passion, I felt like she could be someone I knew [know?]. Someone who could go to school with me and someone who seems like the typical gossiper. Like I said, she used gossip, secrets that are meant to be kept a secret, to earn money because she wanted to become rich. I mean, seriously, why? Sure, being rich is kind of cool because you can buy lots of stuff. But besides that? Oh, and another reason I hate her? The only reason she wanted to be rich in the first place was to attract Will's attention but when she saw that he was killed, did she stop? Nope. She went on and was like, "Oh, guess he can't see me now," and goes on to find more gossip for money.

Anyway, I can't wait until the next book comes out because I really hope that Lina will go down and will be exposed to everyone. ahahaha ;] And that everyone will find happiness. Well, only Elizabeth and Diana. The other girl, Penelope, pshh, who cares about her? :P
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account