Young Adult Fiction 901
engaging and fast-paced mystery
Overall rating

Plot

Characters

Writing Style

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
ENOLA HOLMES AND THE ELEGANT ESCAPADE is a delightful historical mystery featuring Sherlock Holmes's younger sister. Enola knows something is up when she pays a call on her best friend, Cecily, and the servant is unable to pass a message or let Enola see her. Enola hatches a plan to find out whether she is alright and soon is helping Cecily escape the cruelty of her father.

Not long after the escape, Enola finds that Sherlock Holmes is also on the case to find Cecily, but Cecily is too crafty to be caught. As Enola and Sherlock follow the clues to find her, they learn more about her father and his own dangerous dealings.

What I loved: This was a really quick and fun read that pulls the reader into Enola's charm once again. The case seems simple on the surface but is plenty delightful with ciphers and other twists that keep Enola on her toes. Cecily is a compelling character who has been subjected to much abuse at the hands of her father, leading her to develop dissociative identity disorder with two sides that are left or right handed.

The mystery is light and mostly around the missing persons case with a twist in terms of Cecily's father and his own misdeeds that help to bring the story to a mostly satisfying conclusion. While Sherlock is involved, it was great to see Enola besting him at this game, and their interactions throughout. This will work well for fans of Enola with this new and engaging mystery.

What left me wanting more: As a small thing, the portrayal of dissociative identity disorder felt very hollywood, in that it did not seem completely authentic.

Final verdict: A quick and engaging mystery, ENOLA HOLMES AND THE ELEGANT ESCAPADE is a charming read that will work well for older middle grade through YA readers.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
Already have an account? or Create an account
September 07, 2022
A GREAT SPELL CASTER THAT HELPED ME BRING BACK MY EX LOVER

What a wonderful and straightforward spell caster that has brought back joy and happiness into my life!!! I'm giving this testimony because I am so happy, I want to thank Dr. Lucas for the great work He has done in my life, He brought happiness back to my life, I never believed in spell casters until my life fell apart when my lover of 6 years decided to call it quits almost when we wanted to get married. I had such an emotional breakdown to the extent I could not do anything reasonable again, after 3months in pain before an old friend of mine introduced me to a spell caster online called Dr. Lucas, this was after I had been scammed by various fake spell casters. I was introduced to Dr. Lucas, a true Spell Caster. In less than 38 hours I saw wonders, my lover came back to me and my life got back just like a completed puzzle, and after 1month later we got married and it was just like a dream to me because I thought I had lost him forever. Thank you Dr. Lucas for helping me but most of all, Your Honesty and Fast Accurate Results. EMAIL HIM FOR HELP: [email protected] Or contact him through his Website: https://miraculouscentre.wixsite.com/my-site-1 You can also message Him through his private What's App Number +15302120104. His Facebook Page https://web.facebook.com/miraculouscentre My Personal Blog: https://kobemyla.blogspot.com/
K
kobemyla05
1 results - showing 1 - 1