N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
a review by G.Clyde

After a tweet from Richelle Mead saying she read the book and enjoyed it, I decided I would give it a shot as well. When I picked it up I saw that it said on the cover "For fans of The Hunger Games" since the Hunger Games is my favorite book this filled me with excitement. However; like most times when people recommend certain books for Hunger Games fans I found it was nothing like the Hunger Games. I liked the book, I liked it a lot, but I didn't necessarily see how you could compare the two. While reading it I was scared, I kept expecting a freak to pop out and try to tear me to pieces. I was scared of Stalker and his wolf pack. Usually in Dystopian books there is a love triangle in which I can't figure out who I would choose and no matter who gets chosen I want to cry for the other one, Deuce knows who she wants, and even though there is another man involved, she doesn't get confused by her love for one or the other. I'm not sure if I just wasn't paying attention or if it really wasn't brought up until the end, but when the library book in the end said "Property of NY library" a chill ran down my spine. So that's what New York had come to? A freak infested wasteland? It freaked me out, I loved it! I would recommend this book and I can't wait for #2!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account