Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Deuces world is very different from the New York City we know today. In her world, life expectancy is early 20s and the people have been forced underground where it is safer. When Deuce turns 15, she fills the position of Huntress in her clan. Paired with Fade, a boy who had lived above the surface as a child, they are a great team. When they discover some startling truth, the elders exile them, rather than facing the truth. Now they must survive on the surface, a world they both know little of.

Enclave was a real treat to read! I simply loved every page. Dystopians, for me, are a hit or miss, and Enclave was very much a hit. The characters are relatable and the story is just wonderful.

Enclave was a fascinating story. While the plot is a edgier and harsher, there was an underlying warmth that ran alongside the main story. I'm really curious to see how the story develops in book 2 and how the characters grow. It starts out quicker paced, but once Deuce and Fade get further on their journey, the pace gets even faster, making it a very quick read.

The characters in Enclave were very well written. Even the minor characters, like Banner and Stone, stay fresh in my mind, and don't merely fade into the wallpaper like minor characters have a tendency to do. Deuce was such a strong heroine, and I really appreciated that. I fell for Fade right away.

Enclave ends with an ending to leave readers hanging. I gasped, and frantically turned the page, looking for more story, but could only find acknowledgements. I cannot wait for Outpost, book 2, as it will be one heck of a story!

Enclave is an absolutely wonderful read. I read most of it in one sitting, as I couldn't bear to put it down. The characters were all very relatable, and the story is very interesting. A must read.

Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account