Writing Style

N/A
Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
This sequel resolved a lot of questions I had that weren’t answered in the first book like where did the ring come from and why did Jane Stuart have it. And who was she to begin with. It was highly satisfying to figure out all those pieces of the puzzle. If you enjoyed the setting and the back and forth time travel of the first book, you won’t be disappointed with this one.

The ending of this book left me wanting to throw things. Until it was resolved. Then I calmed down and felt better about things, but in that dark moment I had no idea how it could be made right. I really loved that and felt like it was expertly done.

I appreciated that this book was kept clean even after Emmie was married. It’s getting increasingly hard to find clean books for teens, and I’m a big advocate of sweet YA romance.

I’m no history buff, but the clothing and setting in this book seemed accurate. I could tell the author had done extensive research to write this story. It’s not a hastily thrown together story. She put a lot of time and thought into how things would play out. At least that’s the way it feels as you’re reading it.

I was sad that Emmie wasn’t better liked in court. It was hard to read about her being shunned openly. But when I got to the end I understood why the author wrote it that way. The romance wasn’t as intense in this book as it was in the first. I suppose it was because they’d really had their love story resolved in the first book and this was just a continuation of their story. Because of that this book wasn’t as good as the first one. That doesn’t mean this was a slow book though. I never had a moment where the book left me bored or where the story felt like it was sagging in the middle. It was a bit hard to read the section where the king is gone for several months. I probably wouldn’t have chosen that as an author, but it didn’t detract from the story too much.

I’m glad that the author chose to continue on the story. Be sure to read the first book before this one though, or you’ll be missing out on one amazing time travel story. I would recommend both books. It’s a story I won’t be forgetting anytime soon.

See my review on my Cindy Ray Hale Reviews: https://www.cindyrayhale.com/reviews/2021/2/9/emmie-and-the-tudor-queen-by-natalie-murray
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account