Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I love a good paranormal romance. Add a forbidden love and I'm hooked.
Embrace has all of this and more.

It all starts on Violet's seventeenth birthday when her father gives her a letter from her dead mother. This letter sets off a string of events and a secret that has Violet question everything about not only herself but those around her.
Violet is part Buffy the Vampire Slayer with her kick-ass abilities but also very much human with her feelings towards her hot mentor Lincoln. The chemistry between the two of them is hot. Lincoln happens to be a Grigori and can't have a relationship with her. Then the mysterious Phoenix shows up and ups the whole stream factor. He brings intensity when he's around Violet. Nothing is so clear to her anymore.

The fallen angel premise can become a bit overdone but Shirvington raises the bar by giving us multi-layered characters that we care about. I couldn't get these characters out of my head! A true sign of a gifted storyteller.

Violet isn't the weak heroine when in the presence of either Lin or Phoenix. Sure, she struggles over who she loves but in the end she follows her gut regardless of the outcome. No whiny heroine here! Shirvington is able to peel back the layers of the almost cliche love triangle and instead show us characters that are very much human with their own weaknesses and strengths. Nothing is so clear cut in this world.

Great pacing, amazing love scenes that don't reveal too much but still crackle with intensity. Let's just say I'm hooked and want more. NOW!
Good Points
1. Raises the bar on the whole fallen angel premise
2. Amazing love scenes
3. Great chemistry between all three characters
4. Nothing is black or white in this story!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account