Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I had heard such great things about this book from so many different bloggers before I picked it up. I really was hoping that I didn't expect so much from it that it would let me down. It of course did not. I loved every minute of this book. It is the perfect story of first loves.

Usually I cannot wait for a story to get right into the romance. It is of course my favorite part. But I loved that this book progressed to that slowly. I loved seeing Eleanor and Park going from not even speaking to each other on the bus to not wanting to be without each other.

Eleanor is overweight, wears thrift store clothes and doesn't even own a toothbrush. She lives with her mom, step-dad and four siblings. She has to deal with a less than good home life. This book reminded me of how horrible it can be to be a kid. Eleanor was stuck living in this home that wasn't even really a home. I felt so bad for her. When she sat next to Park on the bus and their relationship started to develop I had a sense of calm come over me. I had a feeling that everything would work out for these two even with all the bumps I knew they would have to endure.

This book is told in alternating POV's between Park and Eleanor. I am a fan of alternating POV's. It is nice to see things from someone else's view and not just have everything told from the side of one character.

The ending was amazing! It was adorable and perfect. I will definitely look for other titles but the author. The writing and characters were wonderful and well developed. I felt attached to these two by the end of the book.

Review originally posted on my blog: http://www.ramblingsofabooknerd.com/2013/04/review-eleanor-park-by-rainbow-rowell.html
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
Already have an account? or Create an account
June 28, 2013
great review
1 results - showing 1 - 1