Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Divergent is one of my favourite books of all time.
The story is about a girl named Tris who must choose where she belongs in her society but she finds this difficult because she is conflicted between the safe option of returning to her comfort zone but never being truly happy or taking a huge risk. The best thing is that this is only the beginning of the story.
As the story goes on, we see the perfect balance of action, humour and romance. It hooked me in from the first page.
Tris is such a strong female lead who is bold and brave and puts others before herself. She never gives up on her goal even though at first it look close to impossible. We get to see her other sides as well showing she is not just a one-dimensional character. The fact that the story is written from her point of view is also an excellent decision by Veronica Roth because I felt what Tris felt also.
The other characters are well-written. Four is mysterious and hooks you in as you want to know more about him. We also get to see his more gentle side which was very enjoyable to read. Tris’ friends Christina, Will and Christina show us that no matter what your background is, you can still get to like one another and have common interests. It also shows us how different people deal with pressure and seeing your friends succeed even though you might not be.
The antagonists make you want to hate them with a passion while also wanting to find out more about them and how they turned out the way they did. Even at times, you could find yourself agreeing with some of the things they said even though they had evil agendas.
Tris has an extremely dangerous secret that she has to keep and t the twists and turns of the story have you on the edge of your seat, rooting for Tris.
Overall, I would most definitely recommend this book, it’s a must-read for dystopian lovers!
Good Points
Brilliantly written!
All the characters have depth and are somewhat relatable.
There is no love triangle (yes, books like this actually exist!)
The plot is captivating and hooked me in straight away.
Tris is such a strong, bold character.
Trust me- it is NOT a Hunger Games rip-off.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account