Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
In this dystopian world sixteen-year-old Beatrice Prior, Tris, must find where she fits into society. However, when she fails to fit into a category during the aptitude test, Tris must find a way to survive and keep her secret; Tris is Divergent. This society has five different factions; Amity for peace, Abnegation for selflessness, Dauntless for brave, Candor for truth and Erudite for intelligence. The Divergent don't fit into any one faction, because of this they are being hunted and killed by those this power.

The exposure of Divergence leads Tris' world into rebellion and discovery. Soon she is in places and doing things she never could have imagined. Throughout all these trials and struggles Tris finally finds herself and discovers loved ones along the way.

Tris is a strong character. You really learn about how she thinks and what length she is willing to go to in order to do what she believes is right. She transfers from Abnegation, dubbed 'The Stiffs' by every other faction, into the tough and dangerous faction of Dauntless. There she meets her love interest Four. Though Tris is small she learns how to use that to her advantage during her training, slowly becoming one of the best new members. I really love Tris. I find she is a character you can relate to, with normal insecurities and worries in a dystopian world so different to our own.

This series really explores the difference in personality and how we all fit into society. It really makes you stop and think about who you are, what makes you special and where you 'fit'.

A great series, I really enjoyed these books. However, I must say I loved the first book best.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account