Review Detail

delightful new nursery rhymes
Overall rating

Plot

Characters

N/A
Writing Style

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

DINOSAUR, DINOSAUR, FALL IS HERE is a charming and clever board book of modified nursery rhymes. The book includes several different rhymes that feature dinosaurs along with a fall theme. They all feature rhymes and poetry style, with some fitting popular children's music and able to be sung.

What I loved: These are such clever modified nursery rhymes to feature dinosaurs and the fall season. The bright colors and adorable dinosaurs on each page will give children much to explore, and the rhyming nature makes them quite catchy. Some of the rhymes could be sung, apparently modified from popular children's songs (for instance, "I'm a Little Dinosaur" is derived from "I'm a Little Teapot" and "Trick, Trick, Trick or Treat" is derived from "Row, Row, Row Your Boat").

The rhyming nature and delightful illustrations will work well for young readers, particularly those who enjoy dinosaurs or nursery rhymes. The fall theme and Halloween tones are absolutely charming and add a fun touch that make this a great pick for autumn.

What left me wanting more: As a small thing, some of the rhymes feature black font on dark backgrounds that can be challenging to read at bedtime or in low light. It also would have been helpful to provide instructive text for which rhymes come from known songs to allow parents to more easily identify them. Some of them are pretty obvious but others take some thinking to figure out, probably depending on caregiver familiarity.

Final verdict: Between the charming, imaginative, and detailed images and the clever rhymes, DINOSAUR, DINOSAUR, FALL IS HERE is a read that is sure to charm toddlers and preschoolers. Highly recommend checking this new, fun nursery rhyme collection out.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account