Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
So here we have it, Body Finders book two! Very exciting. This is definitely one of those series where you really should read them in order, so, if you haven’t read BODY FINDER, get yourself over there and read it first.

One thing I really love about Kimberly Derting’s books is that every now and then there is a chapter from the point of view of the ‘bad guy’ if you will. This is done really well giving you a little peak into this messed up mind; which sort of creeps you out and also helps to build the suspense. It is also blaringly clear whose point of view it is, which is a short coming of many multiple-point-of-view books.

DESIRES OF THE DEAD hosts the same great cast of characters as the first book, Violet and Jay and all the rest of those people, along with a few new additions, namely Sara and Rafe. Sara in particular is one of those tough women done well. By this I mean she still manages to feel feminine while being as tough as nails and consoling in that no nonsense sort of way. Then there’s Rafe, your classic troubled teenager with a troubled past, only there’s nothing classic about him. He makes you wonder what he’s about, where he’s coming from, where he’s going, and I personally adored him.

The plot was very twisty, I was sure I knew what was going on, but then something happened and I wasn’t anymore. And it seesaws like this, back and forth, over and over until you REALLY know what’s up. Then you gasp and go, “No!” earning some strange looks from the unsuspecting people around you.

But the ending is really sad, not in the way that makes you cry, but in the way that makes you want to go sit in your room and wonder what’s wrong with the world for a little while.

This is just a good book, plain and simple, it lives right up to the one before it and leads up to the next one.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account