Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
First off, the thing that drew me in at the very beginning was the STUNNING cover. I LOVED it! If you know me, you know that I am one that judges a book by its cover. Even if its out of my comfort zone of reading, if I like the cover, I’m interested. It just has to hold my attention, and that Defiance did.
This story follows kick ass female protagonist Rachel as she goes on the journey to find her father. While other females are learning to cook, sew, and clean, she was learning to wield a sword. After not returning from a courier mission her father is declared dead by the tyrant ruler, The Commander. (Who is CRAZY!) Then there is Logan. He is named to be Rachel’s new protector, which is news to everyone. Rachel is especially upset about this because she fell in love with him a few years, told him, and he broke her heart.
The plot and imagery was what drew me in most about this book. I was able to see each moment in my head perfectly. This was great because there wasn’t a dull moment in the book. I was able to enjoy it as if I was Rachel myself. Also, there were twists and turns throughout the book, none of which were expected.
The romance between the two was a little different. Rachel had admitted to Logan that she loved him before but he denied her for more personal reasons. But once he was made to be her protector, their feelings begin to resurface. And this time the feelings are mutual.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account