Review Detail

Young Adult Fiction 226
Definitely better than the first book, I really enjoyed this one.
Overall rating

Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
What I Loved: I felt like Rachel and Kash really grew up in this book. For some reason, I just thought they were so naive and immature in Forgiving Lies, even though they, especially Rachel, were dealing with big issues. It wasn’t so much what they did, it was just, being in their heads grated on my nerves a bit. Here, it was a totally different experience and I felt like I was reading about two totally different characters. McAdams books are usually a “3 star” TOPS kind of read for me. As much as I try to love her characters and her writing, I end up lukewarmly liking them. But something about this book kept me glued to the pages and really invested in Rachel and Kash. I also really liked Trent and how he fit into the mix. There were definitely a lot of emotional scenes and lines in this book that tugged at me, and I don’t know if it’s the hormones or not, but that definitely doesn’t happen to me often.

Left Me Wanting More: I was kind of hoping for more on the Trent angle. Yes, I knew nothing could’ve come of it and his fate wasn’t going to be bright no matter what, but still. I was kind of rooting for him.

Final Verdict: After reading the first book, I seriously didn’t think these characters needed a second one, but I’m so happy that McAdams did it. I enjoyed this so much more than the first and I honestly could’ve gone without reading the first book because this felt like a totally different story and I loved that about it.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account