Review Detail

5.0 1
Young Adult Fiction 229
Enough humor and action to keep you glued to the pages and smiling the whole way through
Overall rating

Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Oh, Jus Accardo, you slay me with your funny characters, clever plots, and impeccable writing. Darker Days is your light and funny paranormal romance that pulls you in and keeps you entertained and engaged all the way until the last page. It was fast-paced and I loved the way she handled the paranormal aspect of the story. I love how she takes what we think we know about paranormals and adds her own clever spin to it.
Jessie is such a funny character. I loved her snark and humor. She has some of the funniest one-liners I’ve read in awhile and I loved her relationship with her mother. She is a bit naive, but she’s tough, strong-willed, compassionate, and determined. Probably the only thing that bugged me about her was how quickly and easily she fell for Lukas. It was a bit too rushed for my taste, but it didn’t bother me that much. I loved being in her head and her inner monologues were downright hilarious.
As Jessie and her family start to find all the Sins, she uncovers a bunch of crazy family secrets and learns that she and her family are a lot more involved in what’s happening than they all originally thought. I think the plot was very well written and all the pieces fell together nicely. There honestly wasn’t a boring part in the whole story and I was kept engaged in the action and what the characters were going through the whole time.
Also, can I please have my own adorable demon corgi?! So hilarious!!
Darker Days is a great beginning to what I’m sure will be an excellent paranormal series. I loved all the characters, the clever twists, and even the sweet romance, towards the end. I’m always blown away with Jus’ books and I think more people need to read them. How can you not love a writer who creates such memorable and vibrant characters, unique and fast-paced plots, and hilarious and entertaining dialogue?! I really enjoyed this one and can’t wait to see where Jus goes with it.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account