Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
What I loved: Grave Mercy was one of my favorite reads from 2012 and I have been excited to get my hands on Dark Triumph for months. Sybella's story is much darker than even I had expected it to be. She had a painful childhood that has left her emotionally scarred and very untrusting. Sybella's hatred for d'Albret guides the plot and the cast of supporting characters is strong all around.

I also need to give a huge fan-girl shout out to Beast. I think he is one of my favorite historical men I have ever read. He may not fit the bill of everyone's favorite type of male lead but he is up at the top of my list. His brute strength alone makes him fascinating to read but once you uncover his personality you will find a loving, loyal, amazing man. I was surprised how much I ended up rooting for him.

Final Verdict: Dark Triumph is one of the most engrossing stories I have ever read. I was captivated and intrigued from the very beginning and I felt satisfied at the end, although I could have used a little more Beast. I think readers will root for Sybella despite the harshness of her personality and cheer for the successes in life and love that she finds.

Fans of Grave Mercy should not hesitate to pick this second book up. You will not be disappointed. Readers and lovers of historical fiction in the adult or young adult markets should look for this series as well, it is a gem! I am anxiously awaiting the next installment.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account