Writing Style

N/A
Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I can’t believe this series is actually over and the end is truly where it all began. Honestly, this book took me a bit to get into and did have a slower start. But honestly, once I was about 10% in, I was hooked and completely devoured this story. I really enjoyed reading the beginning story of Aurora and Phillip. It was interesting to see how everything played out and how the Basile and Durand’s ended up connected with the curse. While this starts out being about Aurora and Phillip, soon Wulfric, Renauld, and Rapunzel are brought into the story. This was a very clever way of blending the two stories together in such a unique way. Typically I have issues with instalove but it didn’t really bother me in this book. There were only a couple of problems I had with this book that kept me giving it that full five rating.

One of the issues I had was with Aurora’s story. She was secluded her whole life and didn’t talk to anyone once her Grandma had passed. But she knew what kissing, and all of the other stuff was and then when taken to the Kingdom, Aurora had no issues fitting in and being able to converse with everything happening. While I know she didn’t have much time left so she didn’t want to live scared, there would have been some reaction to all of this. The other issue I had was the whole time Aurora was asleep, Phillip did not budge about getting another wife or even having a mistress to create more heirs. But when they are literally (and I mean literally) on the mission to break Aurora’s curse and have the best opportunity to do so in eighteen years, Phillip then mentions that maybe he should take a wife? It just didn’t make any sense at all and was so out of character and the timing really made no sense.

Lynn has a way of writing really loveable characters, and that is the same with all of these characters as well. There truly isn’t a single character that I dislike. Even La Dame was so well written that I enjoyed her as the main villain. I’m really glad that a lot of point of views were given with this story. I don’t think it would have had the same effect if it was only given from one or two. Honestly, I don’t have much to expand on the characters themselves. Each one behaved exactly as I would have expected and sometimes, that’s nice. In books like these, I enjoy not being surprised by the characters.

FINAL THOUGHTS
Overall, Cursed Beauty by M. Lynn was the perfect ending and beginning to these books. While it is the last one in the series, it truly ties everything together. I enjoyed reading about all of these characters and the events that led up to the first book in the series. I would absolutely recommend this book to anyone who was a fan of the series.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account