A Story That Needs to Be Read
Overall rating

Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Learning Value

N/A
Books in verse are not my favorite, but Ellen Hopkins manages to get me hooked regardless of that fact.

Crank is such a powerful story. I was enthralled by it - it is so honest and you really get into Kristina's head. While I was reading Kristina's story, I got so involved. I felt like I was falling in love with Chase alongside her. While I have never gone through the major things Kristina had, I could really relate to some of the things she was going through. I think most teenage girls especially will be able to relate to Kristina's situation in some way or another, which only enhances Crank's power.

I totally understood why the form was that way, but some of the way the verse was arranged on the pages made it hard for me to focus on it. Yet, there were still some really cool aspects of Crank. There are poems within poems and it is just genius.

Ellen Hopkins writes books that need to be read. It tells such a powerful, important story in a really unique way. It took me a little longer to get hooked on this one, but once I did, I didn't want to put it down.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account

Latest Additions