N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Where to even begin?
This story is about a bold and bright girl just trying to make it through school in one piece.

When it boils down to it, it's a story of a teenage girl who's life is more or less, great.
When I think of the "perfect family" I see her, her parents, and her brother in a family photo.
Then life kicks in and yanks the rug out from under her and sends her flying to her butt.
The world as she knows it comes to a stop when her father goes to war and is killed in Iraq.
Her brother leaves as soon as he can to go to college and her mother becomes a workaholic.
At 14, how else should anyone feel other than angry?

**Possible Spoiler**
I can't bring myself to have any bad thoughts for this girl nor can I bring myself to say anything negative about her. I'm shocked at all the negative reviews I see here.
she's 14/15 y'all. And she is alone. Her "supposed" best friend is stuck on herself, wanting to be such a "popular cheerleader" and lose her virginity to a douche-sleazeball!

And just out of the blue her brother calls "oh hey I'm not coming home, I'm going to my girlfriends."
Let me tell ya... Having a sibling and being close, having them drop that kind of bomb on you - is mind numbing. She took it better than me because I would have went crazy and cried my eyes out.

Every step this girl takes, it's like everyone is trying to knock her down. What did she even do to deserve all this?! Seriously!

I see a lot of comments saying shes over angst-y and whine-y.
Again, I say: she's 14, her father died, and everyone is pretty much dropping bombs on her left and right. At age 14 EVERYONE is full of angst. You surely ain't gonna be laid back, crapping rainbows and farting sunshine. (excuse my vulgar-ness there, but SHEESH!)

Wonderful taste in music here also. Just had to say that.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account