Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Harlequin (UK) Limited and Netgalley.)
This is book 2 in the ‘confessions’ series.
15-year-old Rose still doesn’t know where she stands with Jamie Forta, her mother is still making her go to therapy with her, and once again Rose is labelled as a tattle-tale and a sl*t, and all before the first day at school.
She’s also worried that her brother is doing drugs, and her memorial website for her father isn’t getting the attention it once was.
Where does Rose stand with Jamie? What is her brother getting involved in? And does she really need to be in therapy?

This was an interesting second insight into Rose’s life, and her continuing boyfriend troubles and grief over her dead father.

Rose once again was a little grumpy at times, but I think she had a right to be. Everyone seemed to think that her anger was unwarranted, while I thought it was completely justified, and I’d have been angry in her position too. I didn’t actually think her outbursts were all that bad though, I’d have been much worse in her situation.

I disliked the way that Jamie treated Rose really. One moment he would act interested, and then the next he’d be treating her like she wasn’t old enough to know her own feelings, which was unfair.
Rose’s mother seemed to treat her the same way, and didn’t seem to care what Rose’s feelings were about anything as long as they didn’t interfere with her own.

There wasn’t a lot of romance in this book at all. Rose’s interactions with Jamie were mainly him stringing her along and pushing her away, and the other surprise relationship didn’t offer us any romance either. Most of the storyline was just about Rose’s life, and those of her friends. It was nice that Rose found something that she was good at in singing, but it seemed a bit unfair she was even criticised for that!
I did enjoy this book overall, but for me it wasn’t quite as good as the previous one. The ending was positive, but I still felt that some things weren’t really finished, and I’m still not sure what the future really holds in store for Rose and Jamie.
Overall; an good YA story about a girl’s struggles with grief and high school.
7 out of 10.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account